IGNORED

the X Files thread

vamos scorcho

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

man eveyt time I see this thread I want to go out and downloadbuy the X-files complete....I can even get down with the Robert Patrick era to some extent.

why would you buy them? like every season is available to stream on netflix

Perhaps not everyone has access to Netflix.

ive been marathoning xfiles since yesterday, im on season 1 ep 11, and i shall continue daily until the very last episode of season 9

i forgot just how amazing this show was, nostalgia man

used to scare the crap out of me when i was a kid, late at night thinking i was going to be abducted or hauled away by the nsa or some shit, i think im an idm nerd because of this show.

oh and im popping a semi for scully as i type

I've also been thinking if I should give the X-files another go. Remember watching them as they came on the TV here. I am slightly worried it hasn't aged too well and the monster-of-the-week type formula will bore me in between the mytharc episodes.

I am slightly worried it hasn't aged too well and the monster-of-the-week type formula will bore me in between the mytharc episodes.

nah dude, other way around, the motw episodes are the highlight!!

man eveyt time I see this thread I want to go out and downloadbuy the X-files complete....I can even get down with the Robert Patrick era to some extent.

Holy shit you're right! Oh wait. I don't live in freedom land, there are only dragons and terrists here.

Holy shit you're right! Oh wait. I don't live in freedom land, there are only dragons and terrists here.

be careful of any torrents you might get - i had downloaded them a little while back and a lot of the episodes were labelled incorrectly, had terrible aspect ratio and cropping issues and some where even completely unwatchable due to some really weird interlacing issues and audio sync problems.

the one with the bugs in the woods. it ended with a cliffhanger and scully was in critical condition - there was no ending! but the next episode didn't even talk about it. that kind of irritated me.

i watched that episode on acid last week, it was great. the effects in it are really fun despite being cheesy (as is often true of the series)

Huh, that's weird, I was just looking for a thread to ask about this X-Files episode in, and I find "the X Files thread" which I have never noticed before ... :huh: *X Files -theme starts playing*

It is/was one of the best serieseses ever, imo. Some episodes have stuff in them you could fill movies with, some others aren't so great but hey, I can take a few not-entirely-awesome episodes for the brilliant rest. Can't say much about the latest seasons btw as I haven't seen anything after season 7 I think. I Remember the one in black and white ... or the "X-COPS" episode ... amazing.

AAAAAAAAAANYWAY I'm looking for the episode in which (spoiler ahead) people/animals had to maintain a certain speed in order not to die. It started with a highway chase made to look like it was actual TV news. I even fell for it back when I saw it on tv (despite the fact we don't have desert highways in Germany, they still got me ... ) - I tried google but couldn't find anything, and I don't want to go through all the summaries on wiki since there are tons of episodes I haven't seen yet.

AAAAAAAAAANYWAY I'm looking for the episode in which (spoiler ahead) people/animals had to maintain a certain speed in order not to die. It started with a highway chase made to look like it was actual TV news. I even fell for it back when I saw it on tv (despite the fact we don't have desert highways in Germany, they still got me ... ) - I tried google but couldn't find anything, and I don't want to go through all the summaries on wiki since there are tons of episodes I haven't seen yet.

Season Six, Episode Two : Drive

since Season's 8 & 9 are almost unanimously hated among X-files fans, what episodes do you folks like from those seasons?

here are a few i find watchable

8 x 11 - "the gift" Doggett comes upon an old case about a professed ‘soul-eater’ that Mulder kept secret from Scully

9 x 5 - "Lord of the Flies" Scully, Doggett and Reyes investigate when a teenager dies while performing a daredevil feat for a cable access show, but his death is soon revealed to be caused by a disturbing family secret.

9 x 18 "sunshine days" Doggett, Reyes, Scully and Skinner stumble on to a bizarre murder case where the main suspect is a man with an unusual obsession with The Brady Bunch.

You beat me to it, Osc...

This thread makes me so happy!

haha, i have the DVD box set in my room and a handy episode guide booklet.

Thanks to you both! It doesn't have a wiki article unlike other episodes ... maybe it's not so popular, but in my childhood-memory it was awesome (=I was scared). I'm curious how I'll experience it today ... :smile:

i think that the main reason there aren't wiki articles for every episode on Wikipedia is because i don't think the DVD set has any extra "info" on that episode. i believe most of the information in the episode wiki articles is gleaned from the extras on the discs. i could be wrong.

since Season's 8 & 9 are almost unanimously hated among X-files fans, what episodes do you folks like from those seasons?

as someone who was quite "hardcore" into The X Files when it came out over here in the UK, i actually don't mind the later seasons. there were a couple of episodes where i thought Robert Patrick really did do a good job acting. then again i've been an emotional wreck the past few months so that could explain it.

anyways, sorry i can't really remember any episodes right now that stand out. but there definitely were a few that were alright.

If anyone is interested I have the entire series on VHS that I taped at SLP speed - commercials are even paused out. Hahahaha

Seriously though, trying to get rid of this box of tapes and it would be a shame to just throw them out. Any idears?

Also have a bunch of XF related mags and other memorabilia. Was gonna' put it all on eBay when second movie came out to take advantage of maximum public interest but lagged.

Commercials from the 90's would be awesome too. I was just as ambitious about taping my fav shows on tape once I figured out how the vcr works. I recorder ever Pokémon episode for like two years ... :facepalm: Even when lightning struck my neighbor's house and killed the main cable junction in my place, I still recorded all the shit in grainy quality.

I'd be interested in the VHS's but posting them to Europe would probably cost a fortune.... also I have gotten used to the comforts of digital video controls and quality, I still use VHS but more for art fuckery and the cool effects it comes with.

• 1 month later...

If anyone is interested I have the entire series on VHS that I taped at SLP speed - commercials are even paused out. Hahahaha

Seriously though, trying to get rid of this box of tapes and it would be a shame to just throw them out. Any idears?

Also have a bunch of XF related mags and other memorabilia. Was gonna' put it all on eBay when second movie came out to take advantage of maximum public interest but lagged.

I would take the tapes, but you cut out all the commercials! I've already seen them all so that would be the only enticing factor for me. :(

What other memorabilia do you have?

without Twin Peaks, this could never have been popular at the time

rubbish. of course it could!

loads of people were into this at the time who'd never even seen or heard of Twin Peaks.

i, for one, didn't see twin peaks til much later (and thought it was pretty crap, tbh) but i loved X Files. and everyone at school was into it..

oh the 90's. happy days. lol

without Twin Peaks, this could never have been popular at the time

i disagree, alien mythology stuff was hugely popular before the x-files aired. I'm not denying that X-files was heavily influenced by Twin PEaks but i still think it would have been popular regardless. To me x-files has a lot more in common with shows like Twilight Zone and the Outer Limits

well i disagree with your disagreement. but that's what makes opinions so great.

unfortunately for you, i am an authority on this kind of thing, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

you mean your elder brother is. lol.. or is it a cousin? whoever it is who knows Hanal, anyway. Lol

i agree with Awepittance. :)

anyone uber knowledgable X Files fan know which episode Plaid sampled on Not for Three's ? that goes "i'm afraid they're coming back..."

never found that one out. but then i never researched hard enough really.

cheers, in advance, if anyone knows... :)

They've started airing it on the Fox channel here, saw yesterday the first and second episodes, the writing is better than I remembered, not as cheesy. The UFOs were so bad lol, ah well, going to rewatch the show after all.

Archived