IGNORED

Bioshock Infinite

Rubin Farr

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reminds me of the Killzone 2 trailer back before PS3 was out. A whole load of fanciness, extremely scripted, no way that could be incorporated into a game seamlessly. Too much stop and start will get annoying. Graphics and sound are of course lovely, but the gameplay doesn't look enjoyable.

Here's hoping it doesn't play anything like that.

Hold on, was Killzone 2 the trailer that began with soldiers on an airship-thing and then it was all grey-ish fighting scenes with gasmasks, throwing a soldier off a bridge and so on? I remember exactly what it looks like cause I was so excited about it. But I've never seen the finished game, what does it look like? :mellow:

Hold on, was Killzone 2 the trailer that began with soldiers on an airship-thing and then it was all grey-ish fighting scenes with gasmasks, throwing a soldier off a bridge and so on? I remember exactly what it looks like cause I was so excited about it. But I've never seen the finished game, what does it look like? :mellow:

Nothing like that trailer.

It came pretty damn close - I have the game, and it's one of the most visually striking games on the PS3.

that trailer was freakin awesome. theres also a good 45 minute interview with ken lavine about it which is pretty interesting.

i think they would have been better off not giving the character a voice at all.. but then again elizabeth would probably start seeming a lot more like alyx vance at that point..

i think it kind of suits the style of the game

anything the guy says is going to be weird because you dont have many games where the character talks all the time... one was prey.. but when you dont have that experience too much it can seem kind of annoying at first

It came pretty damn close - I have the game, and it's one of the most visually striking games on the PS3.

yeah it's awesome. Fucking still jacks me that i had to play it with a controller though, stupid console luddites and their religious zeal.

yeah it's awesome. Fucking still jacks me that i had to play it with a controller though, stupid console luddites and their religious zeal.

Well, there is this solution...

does that mean when you aim using the mouse that you can snap to the target, or do instant 180* turns. Or is movement still restricted to the usual snails pace. Hrmm i'll have to look up what people say about this.

It's funny, i was watching a gameplay demo for killzone 2 before the game came out, and you could see that it they were using a keyboard and mouse because of the fluidity of movement, and the aiming and so forth. It was pretty ironic.;-/

does that mean when you aim using the mouse that you can snap to the target, or do instant 180* turns. Or is movement still restricted to the usual snails pace. Hrmm i'll have to look up what people say about this.

I was surprised at the amount of YouTube videos on how to use a keyboard and mouse on the PS3 (besides web browsing)

I find that you can make movement look much smoother when playing with the PS3 analog stick. Mouse is always really abrupt and shaky. I rather play with the controller when I am playing for someone who doesn't know the game. I can't help but move the camera around all cinematic like.

I'll watch that interview later. However I just realized that the Bioshock Infinite -chick's disney-face bothers me quite a bit. It's a little too cute and her eyes are just a tad too enormous. I guess they were trying to make her super-pretty-and-cute so that you would care about her. But why not make me care about a normal human being, like Heather from SH3. She was charming because she was a little beaten up and spotty looking.

<object width="640" height="360" data="http://media.giantbomb.com/media/video/flash/flowplayer-3.2.4_10005.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param name="movie" value="http://media.giantbomb.com/media/video/flash/flowplayer-3.2.4_10005.swf" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="whiskey-video-id" value="3261" /><param name="flashvars" value='config={"key":"#@b549b3cbe0f4ce68961","clip":{"scaling": "fit"},"canvas":{"background":"#000000","backgroundGradient":"none"},"playlist":["http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/7/77999/1531560-ken_levine_int_640.jpg", {"autoPlay":false,"url":"

http://media.giantbomb.com/video/gb_bioshockinfinite_interview_092110_1500.mp4"}],"plugins":{"controls":{"url":"http://media.giantbomb.com/media/video/flash/flowplayer.controls-3.2.2_10003.swf","autoHide":"always","timeColor":"#cc0000","bufferGradient":"none","volumeSliderColor":"#333333","durationColor":"#ffffff","sliderColor":"#333333","tooltipTextColor":"#ffffff","backgroundGradient":"none","timeBgColor":"#000","borderRadius":"0px","tooltipColor":"#000","buttonColor":"#cc0000","sliderGradient":"none","progressColor":"#cc0000","bufferColor":"#666666","volumeSliderGradient":"none","buttonOverColor":"#990000","progressGradient":"medium","backgroundColor":"#111111"}}}' /></object>

<br>

Ken Levine ftw.

im watching this and that midget looking guy with the glasses next to levine is really distracting, he has this constant "omg this is so boring wtf am i doing here"-look on his face.

edit: quote fail

I also thought he had some kind of disorder the first time I saw it. But Levine seems pretty rational. I just can't stand most American game designers. The most of these E3 interviews sicken me, when they're so obviously trying to sell their game to the target audience even though they know it's nothing special, mostly by using wannabe-youth-language and the word "badass" multiple times to describe the main character. :angry: But the guys here seem to genuinely want to come up with something creative and new just for the sake of it, which is good.

• 2 weeks later...

Gameplay trailer looks very cool, an original idea for a FPS. Bioshock hasn't let me down yet and it looks like they brought a lot of new concepts to the table with this one.

I'll watch that interview later. However I just realized that the Bioshock Infinite -chick's disney-face bothers me quite a bit. It's a little too cute and her eyes are just a tad too enormous. I guess they were trying to make her super-pretty-and-cute so that you would care about her. But why not make me care about a normal human being, like Heather from SH3. She was charming because she was a little beaten up and spotty looking.

Haha, funny you mention that because my friend Natalie was the body model for the character of Elizabeth, she also does the voice acting. That said, they cartoonified her a lot and it doesn't look anything like her. Still, going to be weird to hear my friend's voice in a video game!

• 9 months later...

Hmm, still don't know what to think.

Graphics are great, but looks too scripted.

The shoot out/zeppelin sequence looked awesome, but I'm not sure about the gunplay too much. I'm basically all about the skyline so far.

The BioShock games are all about narrative so yeah it'll probably be heavily scripted but the game still looks fantastic. But it won't be scripted like the Call of Duty games where you don't have a chance to stop and admire the scenary.

Archived