IGNORED

Anyone got a job for me

impakt

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Enter a new display name

Norway is a fucking paradise and you want to move in that declining country called the United States?

:facepalm:

• 2 months later...
Guest themodelcitizen

What part of the US? I'd say move to Detroit, then you can say you really make Detroit Techno.

wow do you not want to move to detroit right now

You really don't. DEMF is the highlight of the year, but people come from afar for that, there's no reason you can't either

What part of the US? I'd say move to Detroit, then you can say you really make Detroit Techno.

Actually Detroit is perfect. It won't get any worse than it is right now. It will only get better. It's already started. Buy a house downtown for next to nothing. Fix it up. Cost of living is really low, lots of buildings for sale. Buy a building and start a business. Lots of young adults are moving there and starting their own shit up.

Actually Detroit is perfect. It won't get any worse than it is right now. It will only get better. It's already started. Buy a house downtown for next to nothing. Fix it up. Cost of living is really low, lots of buildings for sale. Buy a building and start a business. Lots of young adults are moving there and starting their own shit up.

are you reading the news?

"Detroit has been bankrupt for years. It simply refuses to admit it. Detroit's schools are bankrupt as well. A mere 25% of students graduate from high school.

Yet, in spite of hints and threats from mayors and budget commissions, and in spite of common sense talk of bankruptcy, Detroit has not pulled the bankruptcy trigger.

In a futile attempt to stave off the inevitable one last time, Mayor Bing's latest plan is to cutoff city services including road repairs, police patrols, street lights, and garbage collection in 20% of Detroit.

Bing to Cede 20% of Detroit to Gangs and Homeless

City officials suggest this will not shrink the size of the city. Perhaps it won't shrink Detroit on Google Maps. However, Bing's plan would effectively surrender 20% of the city to gangs and the homeless.

Would you want to live in one of the gang war-zones that his plan would create? Would you want to live in a bordering neighborhood or in a bordering city?

Regardless of your answer, Bing's plan cannot and will not work and I believe Detroit will, sometime in 2011, file for bankruptcy. If so, expect massive turmoil in municipal bonds."

http://www.businessinsider.com/detroit-garbage-pickup-bankruptcy-2010-12

i want to move to austin, texas... or maybe san francisco. somewhere where the winters aren't as harsh, the people are friendly, and the infrastructure's not totally shit. despite being the best city in europe and possibly the world, london is grinding me to dust this winter.

"Detroit has been bankrupt for years. It simply refuses to admit it. Detroit's schools are bankrupt as well. A mere 25% of students graduate from high school.

Yet, in spite of hints and threats from mayors and budget commissions, and in spite of common sense talk of bankruptcy, Detroit has not pulled the bankruptcy trigger.

In a futile attempt to stave off the inevitable one last time, Mayor Bing's latest plan is to cutoff city services including road repairs, police patrols, street lights, and garbage collection in 20% of Detroit.

City officials suggest this will not shrink the size of the city. Perhaps it won't shrink Detroit on Google Maps. However, Bing's plan would effectively surrender 20% of the city to gangs and the homeless.

Would you want to live in one of the gang war-zones that his plan would create? Would you want to live in a bordering neighborhood or in a bordering city?

Regardless of your answer, Bing's plan cannot and will not work and I believe Detroit will, sometime in 2011, file for bankruptcy. If so, expect massive turmoil in municipal bonds."

They are doing that because no one fucking lives there. More than 20% of the city is abandoned. No one is there to complain about the lights or garbage pick-up. Bordering city? You mean Windsor? Metro Detroit is surrounded by suburbs and there is a rather large buffer zone of old factories and abandoned areas. I lived in Detroit for 5 years and never once encountered any kind of gang. Encountered plenty of homeless, none of which I would classify as violent or dangerous, many were mentally ill though so take that however you like. I'm not saying they aren't there, but it's not exactly Escape from New York. I'm not disputing the financial woes that Detroit has. Those are obvious. But these articles make it seem much worse.

i want to move to austin, texas... or maybe san francisco. somewhere where the winters aren't as harsh, the people are friendly, and the infrastructure's not totally shit. despite being the best city in europe and possibly the world, london is grinding me to dust this winter.

Austin is much hotter than San Francisco.

They are doing that because no one fucking lives there. More than 20% of the city is abandoned. No one is there to complain about the lights or garbage pick-up. Bordering city? You mean Windsor? Metro Detroit is surrounded by suburbs and there is a rather large buffer zone of old factories and abandoned areas. I lived in Detroit for 5 years and never once encountered any kind of gang. Encountered plenty of homeless, none of which I would classify as violent or dangerous, many were mentally ill though so take that however you like. I'm not saying they aren't there, but it's not exactly Escape from New York. I'm not disputing the financial woes that Detroit has. Those are obvious. But these articles make it seem much worse.

I can actually see what you mean—similar thing happened in Philadelphia last year. Proposed budget cuts included reducing trash pickup to bi-monthly practices in all of Philadelphia, along with closing down the fucking library (wat?!?!) Seemed like more of a call-to-action rather than immediate threat.

edit: though that being said, I wouldn't say moving to Philadelphia's a worthwhile endeavor either.

i know they're hardly comparable. but they're both more appealing than london. just want sunshine and smiles. i love this city 8 months of the year but winter kills me, each one gets worse. i'm in serious psychic anguish most of the time, like now.

yeah, 72k is almost unknowable by most American standards.

to put it in better terms, the average starting career salary is around 20-30k....and 30 is if you are very well-connected/incredibly lucky.

land of opportunity? maybe. but don't expect to live too comfortably...

Why in the hell would you want to go to the US, that country is going down the shitter, along with a ton of other countries. If I would be you I would be looking for something in Europe, but kiss that $6k salary goodbye.

Archived