IGNORED

Suggest me an album

Guest Backson

Guest Backson

i was thinking back on this year so far and the fact I haven't heard anything I've been amazed by yet.

Not that its been a bad year, but I wouldn't even know where to look for something good.

so maybe you can help me? here are some things that might help.

-i don't like ambient or formless music

-i enjoy conceptual, emotional and even melodramatic music. nothing with boring chords.

-i like well structured albums, that start and end with the proper emotions

thanks

2895_615650.jpg

+ bonus material

nice music, I think he is into Plaid a bit....

a lot more subtle than Plaid though...

thanks for sharing...

I might be getting more out of this thread than Backson.... :tongue:

2895_615650.jpg

+ bonus material

nice music, I think he is into Plaid a bit....

a lot more subtle than Plaid though...

thanks for sharing...

I might be getting more out of this thread than Backson.... :tongue:

he is currently working on something new:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIvqmBpKkqw

I did not find anything similar and as good since it was released

Guest disparaissant

up-OwenPallettHeartland.jpg

Owen Pallett - Heartland

-not ambient or formless.

-heavily conceptual, emotional and pretty goddamn melodramatic music. no boring chords.

-very well structured (it's a narrative,) starts and ends with the proper emotions.

-admittedly, the art could be better.

i'd throw up a song or two as an example but you really gotta just listen to the whole thing, it really blew me away. might not be quite what you're looking for but give it a go.

Owen Pallett - Heartland

-heavily conceptual, emotional and pretty goddamn melodramatic music. no boring chords.

-very well structured (it's a narrative,) starts and ends with the proper emotions.

i'd throw up a song or two as an example but you really gotta just listen to the whole thing, it really blew me away. might not be quite what you're looking for but give it a go.

I'm surprised to see this mentioned here, but glad! Pallett is one talented fellow. Classical training brought into the modern indie production arena makes for some unique arrangements and unexpected twists and turns. I recommend this album as well, (if you don't mind vocals) as it meets the criteria in the OP.

I don't know what he was thinking with that artwork either to be honest. It looks like generic blog art for some Pitchfork flavor of the week, which does the album a huge injustice because it's quite the opposite.

+1

Owen Pallett - Heartland

I'm surprised to see this mentioned here, but glad! Pallett is one talented fellow. Classical training brought into the modern indie production arena makes for some unique arrangements and unexpected twists and turns. I recommend this album as well, (if you don't mind vocals) as it meets the criteria in the OP.

I don't know what he was thinking with that artwork either to be honest. It looks like generic blog art for some Pitchfork flavor of the week, which does the album a huge injustice because it's quite the opposite.

i have been curious about this. thanks for the reminder, im going to check it out.

i was thinking back on this year so far and the fact I haven't heard anything I've been amazed by yet.

Not that its been a bad year, but I wouldn't even know where to look for something good.

so maybe you can help me? here are some things that might help.

-i don't like ambient or formless music

-i enjoy conceptual, emotional and even melodramatic music. nothing with boring chords.

-i like well structured albums, that start and end with the proper emotions

thanks

crimson2.bmpcrimson2.bmp

Problem solved. Ticks all your requirements and grants all your wishes. King Crimson- In the Court of the Crimson King. Its only about 50,000 years old though....

gavouna.jpg

this is quite good my friend - what else do you listening to like this?

do you have clickits 'express gifts'?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRCSR0ZgnwI

Yes I love Clickits and the Moteer label, great stuff!

I would say the closest things to Gavouna that I love are Isan, Lackluster, Harmonia, and this: http://www.discogs.com/Morgan-Caney-Kamal-Joory-Magic-Radios/release/71577 one of the best records ever made! Get this if you don't know of it...

Deru - Say Goodbye to Useless

deru.jpg

http://www.mushrecords.com/release/MH268.php

Deru is such a bad ass. All of his releases should be checked out: http://www.discogs.com/artist/Deru

Ambulance - Curse of Vale Do Lobo

4119SGQPESL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The artwork could be better, but the music couldn't.

This is a record that I will forever hold dear to my heart....such an adventure in beauty and creativity. Check Out Sunken Foal is you all haven't. The new incarnation of Ambulence. Great great music as well: http://www.discogs.com/artist/Sunken+Foal

Archived