IGNORED

how do you go back to sleep?

jules

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im sure its the fact that im trying to sell my condo before our baby comes. plus just the stress of a baby countdown until my life is totally altered forever. its a lot to take in.

our condo is a great size for 2 people and we would be able to manage with an infant but not for more than a year. plus to try and sell our condo with it packed to the gills with baby toys, clothes and empty bottles of red wine, jim beam and a few broken dreams wont be the most ideal.

Whoa dude! That will be me, I hope, in a year.

Watch a lot of "House Hunters"! lol

im sure its the fact that im trying to sell my condo before our baby comes. plus just the stress of a baby countdown until my life is totally altered forever. its a lot to take in.

our condo is a great size for 2 people and we would be able to manage with an infant but not for more than a year. plus to try and sell our condo with it packed to the gills with baby toys, clothes and empty bottles of red wine, jim beam and a few broken dreams wont be the most ideal.

same boat. we've always had a spare room for hoarding shit but now it's needed so what do you do with all the shit? i intend to use it again... someday. i've been "nesting" like a mofo for the last few months. my tool/utility belt has never seen so much action!

try not to think your life's being altered so much... rather, added to. that's what i try to do anyway. it's definately a step into the unknown for us and obviously you'll have to accomodate to a degree. i could be completely deluded. probably am... oh shit.

when's yours due again?

thats a good way to look at it. but i cant add on to my condo so its shrinking quick! i really need to get out but the economy wont let me.

my wife is due in february

Whoa dude! That will be me, I hope, in a year.

Watch a lot of "House Hunters"! lol

godspeed man! and yea that friggin hgtv is on constantly when the wife isnt watching wedding or babby stories and shit :facepalm:

counting.

trying to relax, etc.

if nothing works i just give up and get up.

counting does seem to work sometimes except there are times i forget what number im on and start worrying about other crap. lol.

Reading usually does the trick for me.

i have tried that but it usually ends up being watmm and it becomes counter-productive :emotawesomepm9:

side note: amazing cover for that hadron comp dude. love it!

I try to make up stories. It gets me drifting off into fantasy world where my dreams take place.

I wouldn't say it's super effective though. I was up all night last night. Fucking 7 hours of rolling from side to back to side to back, rinse, repeat, piss, and not a fucking ounce of sleep.

i wake up once or twice a night to piss. i find it helps to go back to sleep on the same side as when you woke up

I find it uncomfortable to return to the same side after getting up.

I try to make up stories. It gets me drifting off into fantasy world where my dreams take place.

its funny you say this, it does work for me occasionally. i try to let my mind make up any story without thinking, it gets very bizarre and i either drift off or question my sanity.

i sometimes imagine im floating about in space, and that my eyes are actually open but all i see is the blackness of space. :crazy:

I also do that when I have trouble falling asleep, it's well nice.

I second SOTL or Biosphere

Or I just listen to the wind or whatnot or any noise outside. I dunno if that is calming for you or not...

Or meditation, or just viewing your thoughts as just phenomena (no different than the wind, doesn't need to be stopped, etc.)

I put on relaxing music and tell myself everything that i have to be grateful for. I love being a Satanist.

And then I kill a fucking goat.

Dead%20Goat.jpg

I close my eyes and switch to the cold side of the pillow, gone in 5 seconds.

I like the idea of creeping up on you with a pre-chilled pillow and using it like a "sleep weapon"--hold it to your face for 5 seconds and you collapse. Each time you came to, I would apply another cold pillow to your cheek. You could be kept asleep for years.

LOL, so evil :p

Archived