IGNORED

albums whose first halves are better than their second halves

Guest tht tne

I totally agree with Dummy Variations. The first half or so of the album is so bloody good that it sort of has become a favourite of mine though.

Also Tri Repetae?? Not that I think the second half of the album is shit, but to me the first four tracks are as near to perfect as Autechre have got.

23-1.jpg

you're wrong, and you're going to hell

ok so I meant up until listening wind. last two tracks just don't fit no matter how much we can argue. And they aren't bad tracks.... just... the first 6 are some of the best. ever.

23-1.jpg

you're wrong, and you're going to hell

ok so I meant up until listening wind. last two tracks just don't fit no matter how much we can argue. And they aren't bad tracks.... just... the first 6 are some of the best. ever.

i think listening wind makes sense if you consider that remain in light and bush of ghosts were recorded at the same time. the overload was an experiment where they tried to approximate joy division's sound without ever hearing any of their music, only reading reviews.

A lot of double disk albums for me, but really that's just because I always listen to the whole thing in one sitting & my usual burnout time for music listening is about 50-60 minutes.

Me too. I rarely make it to the second disk. Like, FSOL's 'Lifeforms' album, I've listened to disc two maybe three times.

But then, NIN's Ghosts, the second half is my favourite and I rarely listen to the first.

Archived