IGNORED

Minecraft

Guest fiznuthian

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kaini's posts = 89% of entire thread

but don't stop it's interesting. Just turning into more of a blog :mcgriff:

you should see the size of my fuckin lego collection, from when i was a kid.

edit: and minecraft is the purest example of emergent gameplay since the sentinel, as well as being one the purest fusions of art, science, and game i've ever seen.

oh don't worry.... I have 15 years of lego collecting completely color-coded. And yes, I put the minifig heads and torsos and legs in separate containers. And yes I have those stupid technics legos in a separate box too.... and yes.... I'm a dork. Minecraft.

kaini's posts = 89% of entire thread

but don't stop it's interesting. Just turning into more of a blog :mcgriff:

you should see the size of my fuckin lego collection, from when i was a kid.

edit: and minecraft is the purest example of emergent gameplay since the sentinel, as well as being one the purest fusions of art, science, and game i've ever seen.

oh don't worry.... I have 15 years of lego collecting completely color-coded. And yes, I put the minifig heads and torsos and legs in separate containers. And yes I have those stupid technics legos in a separate box too.... and yes.... I'm a dork. Minecraft.

i did the same. which is why i'm hesitant to try minecraft. between work, recording, potentially organising gigs and having a girlfriend i don't have any time for gaming at all lately, which is probably a good thing haha!

are you unemployed kaini? or do you just have a lot of free time?

i haven't been able to log it on online since yesterday, is anyone else having this problem?

Just tried to log in, got this:

500 Servlet Exception

[show] java.sql.SQLException: null, message from server: "Host 'server.mojang.com'

is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin

flush-hosts'"

Oh, wait. See here:

http://notch.tumblr.com/

Looks like a DDoS attack.

Guest David R James

i haven't been able to log it on online since yesterday, is anyone else having this problem?

Just tried to log in, got this:

500 Servlet Exception

[show] java.sql.SQLException: null, message from server: "Host 'server.mojang.com'

is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin

flush-hosts'"

Oh, wait. See here:

http://notch.tumblr.com/

Looks like a DDoS attack.

aH Cheers, i did look at the blog yesterday but must of missed the info.

'Minecraft' Fans Hijack 'Minecraft' To Get More 'Minecraft'[/b]

This story makes me realize that, from time to time, I really hate this planet. It seems that fans of "Minecraft," the open-world, retro-styled sensation, have hijacked the official "Minecraft" site with a large denial of service attack. The site is currently accessible, but current users won't be able to log on and new users won't be able to purchase new versions of the game. What was the reason for the hijacking? Apparently the hackers want more updates to "Minecraft." The mind boggles.

A post was made on 4chan, supposedly from the party responsible. The post stays the denial of service attack is "a clear message of how the future of minecraft [sic] will turn out unless he gets to work, namely by influencing the amount of sales taking place, due to the attacks." In other words, "Put all the money in the bag and no one gets hurt."

Markus Persson (aka "Notch") is the game's designer and posted on his personal blog about the attack, saying that he wasn't sure why "Minecraft" was being targeted.

We all know how much the anonymous internet masses hate big publishers like EA and Activision, but in this remarkable situation, hackers are targeting a tiny indie developer whose current staff total is six. Sure, he's been successful and sold a lot of "Minecraft," but to think that players can use threats and intimidation to get an update out is just plain terrible. The fact of the matter is that the hackers know they can pick on an indie developer with no major publisher to back them. It's digital bullying, basically.

It's also surprising that this is happening with a game like "Minecraft," where you spend your days quietly cutting down trees, digging holes and smelting ore. We all know the reputation of the cliched "Call of Duty" player, but I never would've guessed that there would be anyone that obnoxious in the world of "Minecraft." Sadly I was wrong.

are you unemployed kaini? or do you just have a lot of free time?

i was made redundant a couple of months back (they moved the whole kaboodle to egypt, globalisation, military-industrial complex blah blah). i'm kinda making the most of it :emotawesomepm9: cos i'm due to start in a web design/admin position with a new design startup in a couple weeks, all going to plan.

i'm really digging the way this is going (connected a couple of overhanging cliffs, working on the circular building...) - it's the first time i've set out to really make a big, big structure.

donoharm3.png

Texture packs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Aw0j3fdXQM

*UPDATED 09/09*

bridge.png

treeHouse.png

mineument.png

zombies00.png

My first crack at a Minecraft pack is a stylized Windwaker/Katamari/Animal Crossing inspired texture set. There's nary an item untouched (except for a couple of particle effects).

All items' date=' UI, mobs, terrain, and armors are done.[/size']

DOWNLOAD.

DONATE if you'd like.

Meringue's epic treehouse:

oHLRCPVFnCE

An early test:

ZHJIxGUy5nI

An encounter with a zombie and creeper in a snow world:

jJHSdb1qEvs

Chippermonkey's video where he evades zombies, creepers, and skeletons:

LfYogarzjqM

DanTheEpic's battle at night:

Ts_F9zeUAdA

Here's a preview:

terrain.png

icons.png

gui.png

items.png

gold_1.png

creeper.png

skeleton.png

zombie.png

Thanks, guys - you rock!

=========================== Version 1.2 ==================================

A small update :

-New ore textures to make them a bit more 'special' and individual from each other.

-New stone steps (again I know...)

-New mossy cobblestone

-Added snow to snow-grass

-flat stone a bit more flat with less tiling issues

-small tweaks and fixes...

**DOWNLOAD**

Option 1 - With flowers ( my personal preference ):

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5qqxry7krrrs8ha/DOKU_RPG_V1.2_FLOWERS.rar

Option 2- Without flowers ( for those with no soul ):

http://www.mediafire.com/file/xds3tvntx9y851q/DOKU_RPG_V1.2.rar

**DOWNLOAD**

=========================== Version 1.1 ==================================

O4bZa.jpg

FNxYI.jpg

xAy82.jpg

9WPyq.jpg

=========================== Version 1.0 ==================================

Some screens of first release :

biIyd.jpg

YBUgY.jpg

doLtD.jpg

UZccd.jpg

HHyhE.jpg

*old download links*

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7t66t217bdwxh56/DOKU_RPG_V1.1.rar

http://www.mediafire.com/file/x3xw2gaiw183had/DOKU_RPG.rar

*old download links*

Guest AcrossCanyons

That windwakerish texture pack is lovely. The first one I've seen that I'd consider having at all. I hate that rpg texture pack.

Archived