IGNORED

don't you guys ever get sick of ACID

Guest yikes

People who hate on techno or trance for being formulaic when they fawn over acid, which is at least as formulaic as the former, are funny. I guess acid gets a free pass as RDJ dabbled with it a couple of times.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People who hate on techno or trance for being formulaic when they fawn over acid, which is at least as formulaic as the former, are funny. I guess acid gets a free pass as RDJ dabbled with it a couple of times.

Whats the formula?

yeah, i am sick of the genre. thought i like 303 sounds or how clark uses 808.I Just hate when the whole track is just an attempt to copy music from 90s and there's just old school instruments used the same way as it were used in 90s. please don't ban me.

I think if I were given a 303 I'd try to only use it for ridiculous inappropriate things - ie sequencing it at 1000bpm to produce weird speedcore tones or sampling the sound of the buttons being pressed. Would people still be able to tell it was a 303?

I'd probably also release goofy acid tracks under an alias because, y'know...because.

Whats the formula?

• 5 weeks later...

Whats the formula?

joke?

Over the last couple years I've tried to get into acid, but never can. I own an Ace of Clubs album, but it's the only acid I can stomach, and even then it only gets halfway through before I switch out.

I don't like 90s style minimal acid style techno, y'know like emmanuel top etc. Nor do I like the distorted "hard acid" or the epic acid trance shite. I much prefer 80s ACID HOUSE and recent stuff, by:

Ceephax

Syntheme

Chris Moss

It was those guys that inspired me to buy a x0xb0x and other bits of hardware.

Guest Sir Winston

I personally love acid in all its form that little box just seems to speak to me like nothing else. Trill acid theme never gets boring, such a great song.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived