• Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gary C

Still not seen this.

Gary, should I see this?

There's no reason not to.

But I hate everything.

Perhaps you are right though

You'll probably hate it then. You'll at least feel offended, like I did. Some things that happen are just downright offensive.

But yeah, you might as well watch it. It'll get your bile pumping.

Dan C is for the people!

Absolutely, I love you all.

@ Gary, it can't be worse than Prometheus I guess, and at least I will have something more to complain about.

i havent been reading this thread but i will chime in that the one thing that really did my tits in with this film was the prison escape thing with the rope around the waist, falling that distance with nothing but a rope around you would snap your body like a dry twig. .

Guest Gary C

i havent been reading this thread but i will chime in that the one thing that really did my tits in with this film was the prison escape thing with the rope around the waist, falling that distance with nothing but a rope around you would snap your body like a dry twig. .

That was my first thought too. It's approached a bit though, as isn't Bruce made pretty-much-paraplegic again after his first attempt?

fuck knows man, i tend to just ignore pedantic worrying about reality stuff in these films, but yeah, that was the one bit where i was just like, that would snap your spine like a stick of rock.

anyway i thought it was a cool film. i enjoyed banes accent aswell.

and at the end of the day, this is batman.

its a film about a cunt who runs around fighting crime in a fucking gay as shit mask putting on a stupid voice. its pretty much gay as fuck.

Guest Gary C

I was half-hoping Nolan was throwing us a curve-ball with all the hype and we'd see Bruce and Blake in a gay relationship. Now that would've been something.

I was half-hoping Nolan was throwing us a curve-ball with all the hype and we'd see Bruce and Blake in a gay relationship. Now that would've been something.

lol! its never too late...assuming the Justice League will tie this all in. Nightwing action figure, equipped with atomic spear dildo!

I just got back from the theatre. I must say that this was a tad predictable at parts, but I loved every minute of it. I'll end up buying this on blu-ray the day it comes out for sure.

Just got back from the theater, too. I went by myself.

I have to say, I felt uneasy for most of the movie knowing what happened to those poor people in Colorado.

What a horrible way to go.

I know it is irrational, but I couldn't help but think, "What if that happened to me right now?". I was hyper-aware that I was nowhere near an exit, that I was in the middle of an aisle and that I would be swarmed with panicking people, sitting where I was.

I thought that the only thing I could do would be to try and curl up in a ball with my head on the floor. So terrifying.

I guess I really weather violent movies poorly these days.

Now about the movie...

Too long, simple and melodramatic. Meh.

K so I finally saw this, maybe it was because i watched it drunk but i thought the first 3/4 of the movie were kinda brilliant on how nolan basically cut every corner there was to cut to just put the plot out there without worrying about development and it wasn't boring. the most boring part was the big action scene, he could've even afforded to cut that corner too and not have an action scene. the talia twist was silly tho. overall I enjoyed it but i think it's the alcochol talking, probably the most schizophrenic movie ever.

I'm assuming the prison was a metaphorical Lazarus Pit, as opposed to the literal one.

interesting! didn't think about that...

Guest Ricky Downtown

just got back from it. almost gave me a headache. its hard to understand what people are saying at a lot of points and i felt the film didnt flow nearly as well as the last one. also there were no really memorable lines, there were a bunch in The Dark Knight. it was an entertaining 3 hours though. and i really liked the ending. favorite scene was the part where

alfred quits

These are the quotes we make fun of at work:

"...crashing this plane"

"I am (insert action)...for the people!"

"One of you.....has a (insert word)" (in a really high pitched Bane voice)

Just saw this.

I was not excited going in, but I ended up being entertained for nearly three hours. As action superhero movies go, it was quite good, and it actually enhances the previous installments, especially BB. I can't think of any other film trilogy endings that actually made me feel as positively toward the whole.

Hathaway was great. Bale's performance was a little better this time around. He barely registered in TDK.

Obvious flaws are obvious, but didn't detract from the experience. As far as big budget blockbuster action movies go, I liked it.

Edit: needed more Teal'c, though.

Guest Roksen Creek

also there were no really memorable lines

What, you were not impressed by the "No. I've come here to…stop you!” line?

I thought it would have been cool to close on Alfred smiling at the camera, a more ambiguous ending like Inception. On the other hand, Batman never gets an upbeat ending, so good on him!

Levitt and Catwoman really stole the show.

I liked this it was pretty damn good.

I thought Michael Cain was a bit overwrought and annoying and I generally like him.

Tailia's death was horrible... if that was the best take, then she must be a horrible actress.

Bain was badass

probably my least favorite of the Nolan Batmans but i really enjoyed it.

Anne Hathaway let me open an account for you in my Spank Bank.

Guest bitroast

the robin twist at the end was clever

hehe. with the story taking a bit from the knightfall / broken bat story, i was half expecting him to become a temporary batman in bruce waynes absence. got that wrong!.

if they made a 5 hour movie then maybe they could have had Wayne square off with a sort of Azrael / Robin hybrid in the batcave. Even though it's perhaps not the strongest batman continuing story, having Azrael take over with a crazy militarized batman suit was really pleasurable

detective-665-dc-nm.jpg

I thought the Robin thing was forecast by not having that character give his name for the entire movie, which started to feel like a glaring intentional omission about half way through the viewing, but since the ending implied that he'd been calling himself John, I assume that I just missed an earlier reference to his chosen name, since the misdirection wouldn't have been necessary otherwise.

I honestly feel like Im starting to struggle to hear intelligible dialog in most big action movies I've seen in a theater lately. And when talking on the phone. And when my girlfriend talks to me over any sort of mild background noise. I think I'm going a little deaf. :cry:

Archived