IGNORED

best version of selected ambient works 85-92?

chaosmachine

Remasters are NEVER better, so the original version is the only one I have, don't even want to hear those remasters, although I understand there is almost no difference.

I wonder if the remasters are OK with Richard himself, R&S did all the remastering and did a repress. Also he had said before about R&S that they're milking him because of the Classics compilation, even with his disapproval.

I have some other artists' remasters that I like better. But from what I've heard of R&S "remastering" all their shit lately, it's not worth it. The OG edition is already very nice.

there's a significant difference in the 2006 remaster. i haven't heard the 2008 yet, though.

I just compared Ptolemy and it seems that the tracks are indeed slightly different. That's great news for me.

i hadn't listened to this album in ages

it's really fucking good isn't it

schottkey has always made me picture this hefty android, stomping around in a circle and malfunctioning.

385388783gpxurofs.jpg

:aphexsign:

The first pressing seems to be mastered the loudest but mine is quite crackly, could be down to the condition of that specific copy of course. I have a repress (AMBLP 3902) that seems to sound slightly more "polite" but still unadultered. The 2006 remaster to me sounds like some elements of the tracks have been removed as being noise, where they could just as well be considered part of the music.

Archived