IGNORED

Ebay woes

homecharlie

I'm very disillusioned with ebay after a few bad experiences, and I'm curious to find out whether I've just had bad luck buying music there or if these things are common.

I bought what was supposedly the alternate version of Autechre's Envane (listing here). Of course, I received the standard version in the mail :sad: . In an unrelated incident, I also bought the Mike and Rich album on vinyl, and it had two copies of the A/B side! I had to twist the guys arm to get him to accept a return.

Anybody else had bad experiences buying music online?

you shouldn't have had to twist anyone's arm :(

if i was in that situation, i would have explained the problem (that the items were not as listed) and that i would be open to either a replacement for the actual listed item or a refund. if they were uncooperative, i would've gone through PayPal resolution as "items significantly not as described".

paypal cover everything and tend to be biased towards the buyer

amazonUS have given me a full refund from sellers who don't have the CD in stock and don't bother to let you know

even the independent sellers on gemm have been fine and the more exclusive the shop the better the service I find

Great topic.

I very recently won an auction for the Sparks record "Angst in My Pants" for around $8 from a highly rated seller.

The LP was listed as near mint condition.

When I received it, not only was the cover water damaged, warped, written on and scuffed but there was no inner sleeve and IT WAS ALSO THE WRONG FUCKING RECORD!

It was "Sparks In Outer Space". The insult to injury was that that record was also scuffed and scratched... far from near mint.

I now have to return it to this moron.

How on earth is it possible to fuck this up on so many levels?

At least the shipping didn't take over a month.

:facepalm:

Archived