IGNORED

Why The Snares Forum Was Removed

Joyrex

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair, I cant really think of a more soulless genre than breakcore. Its all about maths.

breakcore wishes it was about maths, maths has soul.

tortoise and philip glass and steve reich are about maths.

breakcore is about pirating a million VSTs and samplepacks.

To be fair, I cant really think of a more soulless genre than breakcore. Its all about maths.

breakcore wishes it was about maths, maths has soul.

tortoise and philip glass and steve reich are about maths.

breakcore is about pirating a million VSTs and samplepacks.

I mean primary schools maths. 2+2=4

I would say that that statement is overboard. Maybe I'm just taking it personally because I've been told the exact same thing before and was very hurt and offended.

Snares can be quirky/silly from time to time, but most of his work has substance to it. I think it's obvious that he puts a lot of himself into a good portion of his music. That's why I enjoy a lot of his stuff, because it doesn't sound like it was written by a machine and doesn't sound random like a lot of the other breakcore garbage. And if you put yourself into your music and someone just writes it off, it's not a fun feeling. I'm sure the majority of watmm has experienced this.

In before "set glitch plugins to max settings" (even though it's pretty obvious that he does most of it by hand). I know I'm of the minority in my appreciation for Mr. Funk, but cut the dude some slack.

Guest David R James

Breakcore isn't really my thing but I'm sure some producers spend a great deal of time creating the complex rhythms and such. So i guess to some extent they put their souls into it.

Breakcore isn't really my thing but I'm sure some producers spend a great deal of time creating the complex rhythms and such. So i guess to some extent they put their souls into it.

like everything else, there's some good stuff and a lot of dross.

i have enjoyed scotch egg, emotional joystick, and xanopticon. scotch egg was amazing fun live.

yindeed. but some of dem doen noe.

I would say that that statement is overboard. Maybe I'm just taking it personally because I've been told the exact same thing before and was very hurt and offended.

Snares can be quirky/silly from time to time, but most of his work has substance to it. I think it's obvious that he puts a lot of himself into a good portion of his music. That's why I enjoy a lot of his stuff, because it doesn't sound like it was written by a machine and doesn't sound random like a lot of the other breakcore garbage. And if you put yourself into your music and someone just writes it off, it's not a fun feeling. I'm sure the majority of watmm has experienced this.

In before "set glitch plugins to max settings" (even though it's pretty obvious that he does most of it by hand). I know I'm of the minority in my appreciation for Mr. Funk, but cut the dude some slack.

Let's be friends. :blush:

i broke my core, how to fix?

Try some healcore.

Snares@Corsica Studios a few years ago was one of the most intense mashpit hours of my life. So many people crammed into a small space, coupled with that funktion 1 rig. Sweatcore.

A great thing about snares is the variety in the breakcore he produces. If you listen to other breakcore artists you wont find them producing stuff along the lines of Horsey Noises, which is just genius.

I don't understand the hate for this site. As far as electronic music message boards go, what else is there, seriously?

Xltronic? It sucks.

Twoism? They're all so damn sensitive. No fun or LOLs to be had whatsoever.

I think WATMM has a pretty good balance of serious discussion and humor that might offend people who you wouldn't posting here anyways. It's what you make of it. I'm actually more peeved by elitism and snobbery than supposedly "immature humor".

There's quite a few cool posters here.

I agree with this. WATMM is pretty great. But it seems to be a thing here to complain about the forum itself...

I mean, people comparing it to a manga forum? Jeeez. I used to take the odd look at manga/anime forums, and this is nothing close to their sheer awfulness.

a snares show changed my life! much enjoyment was had.

i wish he had a thicker online skin too, but then, i don't relish the thought of being in his position. now can we just discuss the guy in music discussion?

in fact can we please get rid of the subforums and just tag posts appropriately?

yay

p.s. watmm is what you make of it. either get sucked in to the trolling or enjoy the awesome members. i've met a few dudes (yes, they were all dudes) from here and always had a good time.

He's not a bad guy.

This is an actual true story: When I was posting in the (now offline, I think) forum of a fansite of Snares, there was this guy (who's also on watmm) who started a thread, telling that his car was stolen, and he lost a whole lot of cd's that way, including his collection of Venetian Snares albums.

Aaron read the thread, and send the guy all of the Snares albums he lost, plus some extra compilation cd's and some t-shirts. All for free.

I wish I could find that thread again, it was pretty cool. It happened at least 5 years ago, so some details are vague. I'm sure that DNBJerk can confirm this story, if he's still browsing watmm and stumbles across this thread. I'm pretty sure he was that guy.

Sepix' old forum, right? I used to visit the board quite often, the name was Egophagus. I can confirm the story, it happened as triachus said. Also Aaron used to write some on there from time to time, giving us some links with free tracks or saying he wouldn't mind that we share his old unreleased tracks etc. I met him 2006 in Berlin, very handsome and polite guy. Go on and dislike his music but you guys wouldn't bitch about him as a person if you'd only knew him, that's for sure.

Automatic generated message

This topic has been closed by a moderator.

Reason: I think we beat this one until the Horsey Noises stopped

If you feel the reason for closing was incorrect, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it. Kind regards, We Are The Music Makers Forums Staff

Archived