IGNORED

Why The Snares Forum Was Removed

Joyrex

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ricky Downtown

can i have d'angelo subforum for christs sake. i will make more threads in the first week than cylob has had the entire time he's been here

Guest pulsewarrior

I somewhat understand Vsnares position on this. WATMM has the reputation of being the internet cesspool of obsessive IDM fanboys and it's pretty much generally frowned upon among certain circles.

qft

plus he gets alot hate here

I don't understand the hate for this site. As far as electronic music message boards go, what else is there, seriously?

Xltronic? It sucks.

Twoism? They're all so damn sensitive. No fun or LOLs to be had whatsoever.

I think WATMM has a pretty good balance of serious discussion and humor that might offend people who you wouldn't posting here anyways. It's what you make of it. I'm actually more peeved by elitism and snobbery than supposedly "immature humor".

There's quite a few cool posters here.

there's definitely cool people here, but overall it's an embarrassing turd. people are aware of this.

He's a complete cunt.

This is a true story: Aaron once came up to Squarepusher and tells that he really likes his music etc. Squarepusher replies "Oh yeah, you're Snares aren't you? Your music's pretty soulless". And then he walked off looking like he was about to cry!

He's not a bad guy.

This is an actual true story: When I was posting in the (now offline, I think) forum of a fansite of Snares, there was this guy (who's also on watmm) who started a thread, telling that his car was stolen, and he lost a whole lot of cd's that way, including his collection of Venetian Snares albums.

Aaron read the thread, and send the guy all of the Snares albums he lost, plus some extra compilation cd's and some t-shirts. All for free.

I wish I could find that thread again, it was pretty cool. It happened at least 5 years ago, so some details are vague. I'm sure that DNBJerk can confirm this story, if he's still browsing watmm and stumbles across this thread. I'm pretty sure he was that guy.

He's a complete cunt.

This is a true story: Aaron once came up to Squarepusher and tells that he really likes his music etc. Squarepusher replies "Oh yeah, you're Snares aren't you? Your music's pretty soulless". And then he walked off looking like he was about to cry!

That just makes me want to give him a hug and tell Squarepusher to go push it up his pompous ass. To say that to someone when they've just complimented you is shit. Just for that, I'm going to not listen to any Squarepusher for a week or two.

Guest Ricky Downtown

He's a complete cunt.

That just makes me want to give him a hug and tell Squarepusher to go push it up his pompous ass. To say that to someone when they've just complimented you is shit. Just for that, I'm going to not listen to any Squarepusher for a week or two.

lol how do you know this is true?

Archived