IGNORED

Anonymous and others start leaking

o00o

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest the anonymous forumite

Would you trust an app that came from 4chan? I wouldn't.

it works just fine

So you can actually attack any site you want ?

it works just fine

no any site they want

yes, and and any site you want. Being part of the hivemind with the chat up is strange and very much reminiscent of hacker movies.

it works just fine

no any site they want

yes, and and any site you want. Being part of the hivemind with the chat up is strange and very much reminiscent of hacker movies.

yeah but somebody controls the "fire" button no? or is it done via voting?

LOIC isn't a botnet tool, there's no central control. Everyone just fills in the same IP and the tool will just create a massive amount of requests. If a few hundred people keep doing it the server will stop responding or may even crash.

Low_Orbit_Ion_Cannon.png

Not like I do this silly shit. I just checked out the tool out of curiosity.

"Wikileaks' supporters target major credit card websites, the government of Sweden and Sarah Palin, among others."

that is just funny

LOIC isn't a botnet tool, there's no central control. Everyone just fills in the same IP and the tool will just create a massive amount of requests. If a few hundred people keep doing it the server will stop responding or may even crash.

Low_Orbit_Ion_Cannon.png

Not like I do this silly shit. I just checked out the tool out of curiosity.

This pic is from older version of Loic. Now it has Hivemind mode and can be controled from IRC.

Some 16 year old kid from Amsterdam has been arrested for partaking in the ddos attacks

source?

http://demorgen.be/dm/nl/990/Buitenland/article/detail/1193774/2010/12/09/Zestienjarige-opgepakt-in-Nederland-voor-aanvallen-WikiLeaks.dhtml

in dutch, tho

edit: woops, it was Den Haag (The Hague). Either I made a mistake, or they corrected it.

I just read this short paper by a philosopher from Northwestern who tries to clearly articulate Assange's views about 'conspiracies' and then raises some discussion questions about those views afterward (but does not answer them, leaving them open for debate).

It at least gestures at a coherent reason WikiLeaks might have for their operations, whether that reason is good or bad.

If anyone reads it, let me know what you think. There's a link to it on Leiter Reports.

from http://change.gov/agenda/ethics_agenda/ (the official obama campaign promises website)

LOL LOL

Protect Whistleblowers: Often the best source of information about waste, fraud, and abuse in government is an existing government employee committed to public integrity and willing to speak out. Such acts of courage and patriotism, which can sometimes save lives and often save taxpayer dollars, should be encouraged rather than stifled. We need to empower federal employees as watchdogs of wrongdoing and partners in performance. Barack Obama will strengthen whistleblower laws to protect federal workers who expose waste, fraud, and abuse of authority in government. Obama will ensure that federal agencies expedite the process for reviewing whistleblower claims and whistleblowers have full access to courts and due process.

Too bad that doesn't include Manning!

the obama administration is hilarious, but sadly most of his supporters who dislike him now will still vote for him in 2012

from http://change.gov/agenda/ethics_agenda/ (the official obama campaign promises website)

LOL LOL

Protect Whistleblowers: Often the best source of information about waste, fraud, and abuse in government is an existing government employee committed to public integrity and willing to speak out. Such acts of courage and patriotism, which can sometimes save lives and often save taxpayer dollars, should be encouraged rather than stifled. We need to empower federal employees as watchdogs of wrongdoing and partners in performance. Barack Obama will strengthen whistleblower laws to protect federal workers who expose waste, fraud, and abuse of authority in government. Obama will ensure that federal agencies expedite the process for reviewing whistleblower claims and whistleblowers have full access to courts and due process.

Too bad that doesn't include Manning!

the obama administration is hilarious, but sadly most of his supporters who dislike him now will still vote for him in 2012

It only applies to material they want leaked.

kind of like the geneva conventions or habeas corpus now, those only apply to things we want them to

the media is staying relatively quiet on this, i watched msnbc and cnn last night for about 2 hours waiting from them to mention Operation Payback, nothing

Archived