IGNORED

Game of Thrones

data

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest analogue wings

by the sounds they could just give the actors copies of the novels and work without scripts til the strike ended

If you care so much, maybe you should read the books. I mean, it may be against your stance on the genre of fantasy as a whole..but much like watching seasons worth of a show, I don't mind (as well as many people) reading a story that unfolds over the course of 5 or 6 books. It just sounds like your opinion of the books is largely based upon the marketing of the show. I think that is just a little unfounded. But yeah, I am not George's white knight. Either you like it or you don't.

personally, i'm torn (and coincidentally, someone gave me a book token that's half the price of the first book today). i wanna know what happens but i don't.

Guest Mirezzi

There is a chapter in book 2 that rigorously and thoroughly describes Tyrion's veiny dwarf penis. Buy the book immediately.

27ybswk.gif

Guest analogue wings

If you care so much, maybe you should read the books. I mean, it may be against your stance on the genre of fantasy as a whole..but much like watching seasons worth of a show, I don't mind (as well as many people) reading a story that unfolds over the course of 5 or 6 books. It just sounds like your opinion of the books is largely based upon the marketing of the show. I think that is just a little unfounded. But yeah, I am not George's white knight. Either you like it or you don't.

b-b-ut i said i liked it :cry:

basically, I just can't feel you on this:

I have to admit I'm a bit shocked how close to "good tv" they get just by taking an average fantasy book and filming it with a decent budget. I think it might say more about the level of writing in most tv shows than it does about Mr Martin's oeuvre though. Makes me wonder what would happen if somebody adapted a China Mieville book for TV

I was on the verge of posting a lengthy response, but it isn't worth it. I just get the impression from this post that you didn't read the books. The success, or near "good tv" quality of this, i would argue, has very little to do with those being credited as writers. All they are doing (from having watched all the episodes) is editing down what Martin handed to them on a silver platter.

so, what I am getting at is I feel, again, GRRM isn't getting credit where it is due. Whether or not you think it is schlock, the reason why people (i believe) are caught up in watching it is because of him. Obviously this has something to do with the fact that he used to write for television back in the day. I never did watch Beauty and the Beast though..

Guest analogue wings

basically, I just can't feel you on this:

I have to admit I'm a bit shocked how close to "good tv" they get just by taking an average fantasy book and filming it with a decent budget. I think it might say more about the level of writing in most tv shows than it does about Mr Martin's oeuvre though. Makes me wonder what would happen if somebody adapted a China Mieville book for TV

I was on the verge of posting a lengthy response, but it isn't worth it. I just get the impression from this post that you didn't read the books. The success, or near "good tv" quality of this, i would argue, has very little to do with those being credited as writers. All they are doing (from having watched all the episodes) is editing down what Martin handed to them on a silver platter.

you did say something like that and i was agreeing with that post!

i was then going on to observe that it's interesting a faithful adaptation of a book we all agree "isn't top tier literature or anything" can still look like one of the best things on tv at the moment. ie our standards for books must be much higher than our standards for tv. OR maybe we are looking for different things in each medium.

what was with the scene of the old guy with the red hair prostute????

are they suppose to not have sex :shrug:

I think it was there to show that Pycelle isn't as old as he lets on.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

what was with the scene of the old guy with the red hair prostute????

are they suppose to not have sex :shrug:

I think it was there to show that Pycelle isn't as old as he lets on.

yeah whats with that?

there are 3 advisors.

the balless one

the mayor from the wire

old man who pretends hes older

It is part of the Maesters training. More of that will come to light further in to the series. How they forge their chains, etc, will be explained as well (hopefully). The Maester back stories are great, hopefully they bring them out.

Peter Baelish is the Master of Coin. He manages the finances of the court, owns a bunch of brothels, was in love with Caetlyn Stark at one point. Bitter prik. More to come.

Varys - master of whispers, super spy, remnant of the House Targaryen. More to cum.

man i feel like a fucking nerd.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

The only show my ex-girlfriend has really ever gotten into is Dexter until she stepped in on episode 8 of this and then caught up with the entire season in 2 sleepless days. I'm pretty sure that officially proves that this show is shit because she has horrible taste, hah, jk, she doesn't like nerdy stuff rarely ever though, pretty weird.

Archived