IGNORED

The Black Dog - The Grey Album

Just started listening to this last night.  I need more time to dig into it, but it felt promising, and better than other recent output.

Interested but the project is not the same since Ed & Andy left ages ago; ironically my fav material from them being the black dog and not Plaid. But it sounds promising I’m going to listen again. 

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Interested but the project is not the same since Ed & Andy left ages ago; ironically my fav material from them being the black dog and not Plaid. But it sounds promising I’m going to listen again. 

The Ed & Andy era Black Dog output was something special.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Unfortunately I have to agree. I guess they didn't get along but I prefer the early black dog material to anything any of them have done since.

• Like 2

They should let Ed and Andy do a remix album. From the parts that I’ve heard, I think there’s potential. Add Ed and Andy to the formula, and you’re back in the special territory @NewSchoolScience mentioned. I agree with the general sentiment from the other posts. You need the three original dogs to create magic.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Satans Little Helper said:

They should let Ed and Andy do a remix album. From the parts that I’ve heard, I think there’s potential. Add Ed and Andy to the formula, and you’re back in the special territory @NewSchoolScience mentioned. I agree with the general sentiment from the other posts. You need the three original dogs to create magic.

I think this track is my only exception to that sentiment, I’m sure I’ve plugged it here 500x before lol but this is a post ed & andy black dog win in my books. Reminds me a touch of the Ratcliffe rmx of Hot on the Heels of Love. Just has a certain vibe I like, not sure if it’s angsty or melancholy etc; prob not for everyone ofc.

https://youtu.be/LraOPIiTs64

Somewhat unrelated but there are some good dave tipper remixes of Elbow out there somewhere; know it’s a different vein/vibe though. 

NP: Spanners 

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

This album sounds more lively than the other new school black dog projects. I like it. I wholeheartedly agree with everyone here when it comes to their old albums being better. The run they had from Bytes to Silenced was amazing with Spanners being one of my favorite albums of all time.

Edited by thumbass
  • Like 3