IGNORED

Elder Scrolls V SKYRIM !! !!-11-11

skotosa

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't really know why people are so hyped about this, from the footage ive seen it only looks marginally graphically superior to oblivion and obvlivion was pretty ugly (those death physics or lack there of?), seriously....people are all going nuts building new computers and shit just to run this game, it looks like a polished turd. i hope im proven wrong on release because i feel like they have done an awful job at promoting the game, the two main things i see people orgasming over are that it looks pretty and it has dragons, seriously? thats it? fucking dragons? big woop.

not hyped

i always get tricked by bethesda when they talk about their games and how theyre gonna be so amazing omg omg omg

and then they come out and theyre lame glitch fests with bad stories and boring game play and the same 3 types of dungeons over and over and OVER again. hopefully this is different we will see i guess...

If you were amazed with every The Elder Scrolls game that has come out or even if you fucking played the shit and love the fucking death out of Morrowind and oblivion. Skyrim will be fucking EPIC.

Thankfully I fall under everything I just said, and I personally can't wait to have those feelings of nostalgia awakened in me again. Oh the summers spent on Morrowind and the Winters spent in Oblivion were just so amazing...

I have very strong feelings that this game will be absolutely incredible. As others have mentioned, Morrowind and Oblivion were both incredible games. Skyrim looks to continue that streak of great games. I can't wait. Less than 2 weeks away!!!!

Guest analogue wings

I played Morrowind and Oblivion but there's certainly room for improvement there. Especially Oblivion with it's O HAI ITS AN INVASION FROM WE CANT CALL IT HELL COS THE CHRIZZO YANKS WILL GET PISSY YOU MIGHT REMEMBER THIS PLOT FROM SUCH OBSCURE RPGS AS ULTIMA 8 and its super repetitive GO INTO ITS-NOT-REALLY-HELL CLIMB UP A TOWER KILL SOME DUDES x 15 main "storyline". I stopped playing Oblivion when I realised that was all it was going to be.

Plus the aforementioned 5 actors voicing 1500 characters and ITS ALWAYS THE SAME FUCKING DUNGEON that both games have in common.

So yeah, I'll check it out, but it had better be more of an improvement than just the same shit with better graphics.

you guys are some big pussies. The level scaling was not broken that badly, I put over 100 hours in Oblivion, twice, and while sometimes the scaling is wonky, it's never insurmountable (with a little of the tedious save-reload grind).

Too bad you didn't stick around until the endgame, analogue wings, as it was pretty decent. Certainly not the same cut-and-paste towers (though I admit I quite liked the 5 or so different tower configurations they had, call me crazy...).

Bethesda's games always have their blemishes, but I think they're always more than the sum of their parts...

i don't really know why people are so hyped about this, from the footage ive seen it only looks marginally graphically superior to oblivion and obvlivion was pretty ugly (those death physics or lack there of?), seriously....people are all going nuts building new computers and shit just to run this game, it looks like a polished turd. i hope im proven wrong on release because i feel like they have done an awful job at promoting the game, the two main things i see people orgasming over are that it looks pretty and it has dragons, seriously? thats it? fucking dragons? big woop.

not hyped

you're so right. the graphics look awful. it's the first thing i noticed in the trailer :/

can't wait to get stoned and play this. everything is gonna look like playdoh

hope the soundtracks is just as good.

the soundtrack is going to be amazing, from what i can tell here.

http://www.ign.com/v...jectid=14267318

i thought oblivion's soundtrack was great, but it seems like skyrim is way more contemporary. it's really neoclassical; i can barely hear any evidence of an orchestra.

ive been playing oblivion about an hour a day before i go to bed/do my reading. its hella fun...the repetitiveness makes it almost charming in a strange way....i like knowing exactly what i have to do in Oblivion....it gets repetitious sure, but i think i love being able to come up with almost infinite tactical strategies based off of the goods i looted from the last gate/quest/whatever.

Im lvl 19 now and wasting most beasts with a few hits from the Ebony Blade (Silence enchantment? FUCK YOU NECROMANCERS)

Archived