IGNORED

according to Vibert

Velazquez

sweet little interview

cool to hear vibert himself is showing no signs of slowing down :)

You could already tell dude. PROOF

yup good point, and those tracks sound great.

im surprised he hasn't seemed to have expressed much interest in releasing more singles/eps rather than full albums.

i've always thought his music would be better suited for that kind of release schedule/format. like, i seem to remember dubstep fans liking the dubstep tracks on 'we hear you' (2009), and then... that's it, nothing more until 2011, presumably. i'm not wanting luke to 'take advantage' of the dubstep trend and release dubstep tracks for cash (please don't get any ideas aphex ! lol ), but i think he could easily be a bigger name in dance music.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HokusPoker

are you shitting me?

if that's true, then we could know FOR SURE he'll put more music out

Are YOU shitting me?

Isn't this what we've been waiting for for the last 8 months?

Guest ruiagnelo

divorced and alone in a house in a field. Hes either lonely or finally the bitch is gone and i can make music

cat%20189.jpg

maybe there is more tuss coming soon..

Guest Calx Sherbet

are you shitting me?

if that's true, then we could know FOR SURE he'll put more music out

Are YOU shitting me?

Isn't this what we've been waiting for for the last 8 months?

i shit no man, good sir. for i'm intrigued and somewhat in an elevated mood over this

Is it just me, or does any one else feel a bit bad for Luke Vibert. Every time I read an interview with him it seems like there's a few questions, just to be polite, and then straight in with the questions about Aphex. I don't think Ive ever seen or read an interview with him without mentions of Aphex. Dumb really, the amount of quality music that Vibert releases, consistently good stuff, and yet apparently inconsequential to that fact that he's mates with AFX an might be able to spill the beans on a release.

Is it just me, or does any one else feel a bit bad for Luke Vibert. Every time I read an interview with him it seems like there's a few questions, just to be polite, and then straight in with the questions about Aphex. I don't think Ive ever seen or read an interview with him without mentions of Aphex. Dumb really, the amount of quality music that Vibert releases, consistently good stuff, and yet apparently inconsequential to that fact that he's mates with AFX an might be able to spill the beans on a release.

It's probably because Luke is a much more open guy and more willing to talk with people than Richard while also being a long time friend of Richard's. As far as I know, he's a really nice and down to earth guy capable of putting out a lot of tunes without it going to his head.

It's probably because Luke is a much more open guy and more willing to talk with people than Richard while also being a long time friend of Richard's. As far as I know, he's a really nice and down to earth guy capable of putting out a lot of tunes without it going to his head.

Ah absolutely, have always got the impression of him that he's a pretty friendly bloke. But Im sure in his shoes Id get a bit tired of being asked THAT question constantly. All credit to him I guess.

i think it is something luke wouldn't have had much trouble accepting. with journos so eager to call aphex the most amazing thing to happen to modern electronic music since ever, and being a personal friend of him, i think luke would be surprised if questions regarding RDJ didn't come up. i don't think he minds, either way.

i get the feeling mike p finds it sort of annoying though, perhaps not as much back in the day, but now he/planet mu seems quite removed from OmGaPheXbRaIndAnCe. i'm basing this solely on that video interview/seminar (?) thing i saw a while back, so i could be and probably am wrong.

i think it is something luke wouldn't have had much trouble accepting. with journos so eager to call aphex the most amazing thing to happen to modern electronic music since ever, and being a personal friend of him, i think luke would be surprised if questions regarding RDJ didn't come up. i don't think he minds, either way.

i get the feeling mike p finds it sort of annoying though, perhaps not as much back in the day, but now he/planet mu seems quite removed from OmGaPheXbRaIndAnCe. i'm basing this solely on that video interview/seminar (?) thing i saw a while back, so i could be and probably am wrong.

Mike should now post in this thread.

I would believe this if i were in a fantasy land with Mickey mouse and Donald Duck's three evil cousins.

The so called "Cornwall braindance scene" is full of deceivers and liars that think is fun to create a world where million of peasants get on their knees and pray to the gods for new releases.

We all know deep down that Aphex Twin will not release anything this year , he is gonna make us suffer , he is gonna make warp suffer and most important of all he will generate a shitload of traffic to the rephlex website when people like Luke Vubert says in interviews afx will release something soon.

I would believe this if i were in a fantasy land with Mickey mouse and Donald Duck's three evil cousins.

The so called "Cornwall braindance scene" is full of deceivers and liars that think is fun to create a world where million of peasants get on their knees and pray to the gods for new releases.

We all know deep down that Aphex Twin will not release anything this year , he is gonna make us suffer , he is gonna make warp suffer and most important of all he will generate a shitload of traffic to the rephlex website when people like Luke Vubert says in interviews afx will release something soon.

Look up the word "Bitter" in the english dictionary, there's a picture of you :)

so the Another Man interview mentions that he is working on an album now and this Vibert interview says he has 6 tracks done...so it must be 25% complete, I got a feeling he wont put just a 10 track 30 min CD it will be like a 24 track double cd album again so that would take probably 10 months to finish plus to finalize it with cover art etc, and probably another month to Warp decide when to release it and how to launch it etc so we are talking about another year wait.

Agreed. We seem to learn more about the goings-on of Aphex via Mr Vibert than anywhere else. I guess LV knows it comes with the territory.

vibert makes great music, aphex invents genres and blows everyones mind. so, if you are personal friends with him you might get a couple questions

so the Another Man interview mentions that he is working on an album now and this Vibert interview says he has 6 tracks done...so it must be 25% complete, I got a feeling he wont put just a 10 track 30 min CD it will be like a 24 track double cd album again so that would take probably 10 months to finish plus to finalize it with cover art etc, and probably another month to Warp decide when to release it and how to launch it etc so we are talking about another year wait.

More likely he's composed enough music but not chosen and then edit/mixed-remixed the hell out of said compositions.

Vibert interviewed somewhere about the track selection process for Analord, no? Sounded haphazard!

I'd not be surprised if 6 Aphex Double CDs came out tomorrow. I'd not be surprised if we see no CDs before 2012 if we see any CDs at all. I don't buy CDs anymore.

Guest Calx Sherbet
Vibert interviewed somewhere about the track selection process for Analord, no? Sounded haphazard!

source plz

Archived