IGNORED

wolves in the throne room

essines

so i have only heard a couple of songs by these guys, which i quite enjoyed, but they are playing here on friday and i'm gonna try and get tickets to see the show. They are playing at SONS OF NORWAY, a nice little venue and a but of a lol. any one here listen to this stuff, seen em live?

just curious. gonna steal a few tunes to listen to to prepare myself.

Aren't these guys like crazy vegan death-metal musicians that record out in the forest and shit?

If so, then I heard on of their albums when I was on tour with my old band and it was quite good.

I'd love to see them live.

• 1 year later...

Saw them in Austin last year and they sounded fucking great. The lit up candles on stage, burned incense, and had these banners of trees with owls and wolves (and even a hare - which very much amused my wife) It's the only black metal show I've managed to see (still regret skipping a Behemoth gig) but I'm glad it was my first - they channel the atmospheric black metal sound quite well. I find their whole nature-oriented ethos and lyrical themes pretty appealing and unique.

Guest ansgaria

I saw them live a few years back and I was surprised at how raw black metal it was compared to the record I own. But I liked it. It was intense.

I don't know much about them but seeing them at a festival in a few weeks time and looking forward to it. I guess I shall see what all the fuss is about. They're one of those bands I wouldn't pay to see but more than happy they are on the bill, If you know what I mean.

• 1 month later...

I don't know much about them but seeing them at a festival in a few weeks time and looking forward to it. I guess I shall see what all the fuss is about. They're one of those bands I wouldn't pay to see but more than happy they are on the bill, If you know what I mean.

Okay I watched these guys yesterday at the ATP London. I don't know much about them, I've heard a few tracks but not really given them much time so I was looking forward to seeing them, as I wasn't too sure what to expect. I'd say along with Slayer they were the best band of the day (but almost complete opposites) the show was dark, shadowy and hypnotic. Not much movement by the band but somehow it worked. It was just mesmerizing, and crushing. My mates were all in agreement they were awesome and all of us were blown away by them.

I'd recommend anyone to see this band live, you won't regret it.

Just got into them a couple of weeks ago thanks to my metal-loving housemate. Are all of their albums good? I've only listened to Black Cascade several times.

They're cool. Actually one of my favorite elementary school teachers when I was a kid is their Mother, I'm not joking, she still works there with my Mom at the school. I have strange connections to metal. Also Sunn 0))) , I was friends with one of the guy's brother in college, I even hung out at the O'Malley house in seattle with his Mom once. He made electronic music too, he was obsessed with Autechre.

I'm not that into metal.

Archived