IGNORED

a new craze?

keltoi

in our lifetime (or just before) there's been some amazing leisure pursuit based crazes that have blown up world-wide... for example - skate boarding, snow boarding, in-line skating, bmx-ing, mountain biking, parcour, etc.

each new craze is usually derivative of a pre-existing craze, adapted for a different terrain, or involves an unexpected use of an everyday object. am i right in saying new crazes which are not derivative, do not catch on?

so i think it should be pretty easy to come up with a groovy new craze which could sweep the nation and thus, the globe.

discuss past crazes, your favourite craze, invent a craze, mspaint a new craze.

bmx, skateboard and snowboard were my crazes of choice.

does saying 'craze' make me sound old?

i'm reminiscing about crazes here.

I think Snuk'em could make a strong push later on this year. Just need to dot the i's and cross the t's and it's read to go to market.

Guest Fishtank

in our lifetime (or just before) there's been some amazing leisure pursuit based crazes that have blown up world-wide... for example - skate boarding, snow boarding, in-line skating, bmx-ing, mountain biking, parcour, etc.

those sound more like sports than crazes

This is easy, just take something done on roads, add some beefy tires/wheels/whatever, and take it off road.

Off road roller skating?

Don't think it would work out too well.

Guest Coalbucket PI

that extreme lying down thing seems to be taking off, you just have to lie face down with your arms at your side in an extreme way

lying-down-game-1-1.jpg

lying-down-on-a-forklift.jpg

9616_125069138137_511948137_2503666_4614303_n.jpg

article-1198572-05A6E037000005DC-92_634x474.jpg

Header+image.png

extreme chess

It would be cool if chess got more exposure in the same way that poker has become a craze.

you see it over here pretty late at night

there's one particular commentator who talks like he's providing commentary to a hockey match or something... 'oh my GOD, he's using the RUBINSTEIN variation of the french opening! this is MOST unexpected!'

sextreme chess, where u need to have sex with your opponemt during the entire duration of the matchup

edit there shld be a rule concerning conquered pieces and bumholes

also parachute rollerblading in SF

yeah. lennox lewis did it for a while and i guess nobody really had a shot at beating him, lewis being an avid chess player and a former heavyweight champion of the world.

Archived