IGNORED

Ready

Guest theSun

Are you crazy fukers for real? They pretty much released 2 full albums a few months ago and people are bitching for more!!? I listened to Oversteps the other night and I'm still noticing loads of new stuff in it & loving it even more than before.

And whats this guy on about!? Why would you do this? please tell me your taking the piss.

I reckon this thread's as good as any to tell you folks my plan for course of action and I know you might think "Cool story, bro", "Riveting tale, chap" etc. or might compare me to Dragon's ultimatum to BoC.. but here goes:

I am not going to listen to Autechre's studio output at home or on my computer until their next release comes out. I will still buy their music. I will not tell my friends to turn off their music if they are playing it. I will not listen to any leaks or fakes. As soon as there is news on autechre.ws of a new release, I will pre-order it. I will be in total awe if their next release bares the name 'Kiosk'. If they have a concert I can go to in the interim, I will. If they disband while I'm in this period of taking a break, I will feel like an idiot and promptly go back to listening to their music again.

Make no mistake: this is NOT at all because I am one of those people who thinks Incunabula or Cavity Job is the best thing they have ever done and that they get progressively worse.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

guys quaristice is pretty much the new album for me.

the plcplc is so fucking boss

and i think plyphon is one of those fucking fantastic ae tracks that is just head and shoulders above anything else

i was thinking the same thing today while listening to quadrange. the perlence mixes are especially clicking with me right now.

my girlfriend recently got into quaristice as well, that album seems to be making a lot of sense in 2011.

but my #1 autechre fix lately has been the remix collection. so many gems in there. JAIL OF FREEDOM

Are you crazy fukers for real? They pretty much released 2 full albums a few months ago and people are bitching for more!!? I listened to Oversteps the other night and I'm still noticing loads of new stuff in it & loving it even more than before.

And whats this guy on about!? Why would you do this? please tell me your taking the piss.

I really get you on that point. Oversteps stills fresh and exciting and stuff. But I feel like it's like a new departure for Autechre, like, an edge or what do I know. And maybe that's why I'm that much excited about the 11th album. I really want to know what'll follow. But I want them to take their time.

HOW PARADOXAL §

Guest theSun

maybe they can release more quaristice-era mixes.

i bet there's an assload more of those tracks just laying around.

Guest somebloke

Well, kinda' further to what Stocko said earlier, I've been smashing the 2010 Melbourne boot + Manchester boot (the start of it, before it becomes impossible to make anything out) really heavily over the past two weeks or so. Obviously these are cut from the same cloth as Oversteps, but some of the gear is just so incredible and new that it really has gotten me excited to see what they do next.

They've definitely hit upon solid, new ground now, so hopefully we'll get another stretch of like three cds (like confield + draft + untilted) where they develop this stuff further. Yeah we'll need to wait, but it makes wanting a new CD right now absolutely understandable.

This is the great thing about ae - you can always look forward to new ideas in the future, while mining the stuff already released to hear something new as well.

Yeah!!!

kirm, I love Autechre's music but I need to take a break from listening to it so damned often. That's all I was trying to get at.

fine understand that, go listen to something else! but if you follow your stupid rules you may not be able to listen to autechre at all for 2 years or something! why make such a big deal about just listening to something different for a bit!?

because getting high and listening to autechre is an addicting habit!

this is ridiculously true. i woke up just now and i couldn't decide whether to make coffee or smoke a bowl and listen to oversteps. i went with coffee but it's almost done so the latter will come very soon.

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

maybe they can release more quaristice-era mixes.

i bet there's an assload more of those tracks just laying around.

autechre - arkives

coming soon

• 4 weeks later...

i bet a lot of people would be unappreciative of more quaristice mixes.

not meeeeeeeeeeeee

Me neither, man.

i would love to hear all the unreleased confield-era stuff. all the real extreme stuff that they supposedly left off the album*

* according to one of their interviews from that time.

Didn't they also in one of those interviews say that they could possibly record a kind of new Draft, but won't do because people won't be ready for it ?

In Booth/Brown's mouths that sounds really exciting :spiteful:

Guest theSun

i have no citation, but didn't they say they wouldn't do another draft because they already did the one?

I thought that there were supposedly 30 different versions of the album, the title is effectively "Draft 7, version 30"

Crap, I've been pwnd.

i have a sneaking suspicion that the next album is going to be a total mindfuck. confield (and to a lesser extent draft) was when they creating really experimental stuff that they haven't more than touched on since (see, quaristice). and just as they said oversteps was a reaction to the beat-oriented quaristice tour (and they did similar 4/4 dominated sets touring oversteps from what i heard of it), i'm thinking they may react to this four on the floor type period by delving into some serious experimentation.

purely speculation, of course.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived