IGNORED

Smashing Pumpkins' new bassist was on cover of Siamese Dream

Rubin Farr

i have a friend who had sex with this girl when she was 16 or maybe 17, he loved to tell me the story of it, frequently

"you know the chick on he cover of siamese dream?"

"yeah..?"

"i used to fuck her"

that's better than corgan's story!

Guest Fishtank
since she's 31 years old now, she was 14 when "Dream" was released. Check out the photos and judge for yourself!

yeah I don't think so

hey wow i think i'm starting to care about smashing pumkpins again.

no wait nevermind i just blew that caring into the cushions of my couch.

since she's 31 years old now, she was 14 when "Dream" was released. Check out the photos and judge for yourself!

yeah I don't think so

the photo wasn't necessarily taken the same year the album was released, could have been any time before she was 14.

I was surprised to find out the Pumpkins still exist. Didn't they just suck balls from Ava Adore and after?

Nah, they were great up until the end in 2000, Machina was really underrated. A lot of people didn't like the production, but I really dug it - very dense and layered.

Since about 2008, most of the music/news that comes from them have really saddened me, which is a shame as they will always be my favourite band.

By the way, I don't believe this story is true at all...

saw them live back in the SD days... but lost interest around the time melancholy came out. never heard anything from them since. Although I liked them back around Gish and SD, I've always hated his voice... back then I was able to look passed that. but once I heard the words "The World is a Vampire..." I tuned out and never listened again.

I was surprised to find out the Pumpkins still exist. Didn't they just suck balls from Ava Adore and after?

Nah, they were great up until the end in 2000, Machina was really underrated. A lot of people didn't like the production, but I really dug it - very dense and layered.

Since about 2008, most of the music/news that comes from them have really saddened me, which is a shame as they will always be my favourite band.

Yeah, I think about half of Machina is good. Adore has some of their best songs, like For Martha.

These days, Billy Corgan is still parading around with the Pumpkins name, being a dick to his fans during shows, generally being a washed up cunt who should have quit years and years ago.

Apparently, D'arcy was arrested and jailed for failing to contain her wild horses, and she looks like a meth addict. This is actually sad.

Apparently, D'arcy was arrested and jailed for failing to contain her wild horses, and she looks like a meth addict. This is actually sad.

LOL... I was thinking that Wild Horses was a metaphor for her uncontrollable drug abuse... They actually were wild horses!

yup. Smashing Pumpkins ended in 2000....whatever hes parading around now is just Billy Corgan's Fantastical Ego Trip n' Friends.

its funny how everyone always showered Corgan with praise on the Smashing PUmpkins....but after Iha and D'arcy left you could tell how important they were.

Chamberlin going was kind of the last straw really... it could never be the same without him AND without Iha, let alone the indigity of hiring a 19 year old replacement who tries to copy his style but with none of the style and finesse.

To be fair, I haven't seen the most recent lineup live yet, I'd give them a chance as I've heard they are still bringing it live...

I saw them in 2006, twice, in Asheville when they did a two week stint there. Billy's Diezel Herbert amps in an 800 person capacity venue was so frigging loud I was still hearing the music after the show (in my head). They played 3 hour sets each night, and often played songs they had just put together at rehearsal. I"m sad to see Ginger (now former bass player) leave becuase she was really talented. But ultimately, I could care less who's in the group, Billy is the keymaster. Jimmy Chamberlin did go into a crazy junglely trance like uber drum solo towards the end of one show, which was cool, and he is a phenomenal drummer, but he's not a necessity to the pumpkins other than he and Billy are good friends when they don't hate each other.

Anyway, their shows were out of control awesome. They were all on point, and Billy sounded great. Billy is one of those guys that I always appreciated his guitar playing, and his liberal use of effects. But seeing him play live (and only 10 ft away) made me realize how good he really is. He wasn't sloppy, or loose at all. His voice still had that same high nasal tone when needed. I never imaged how crushing, and fast paced amazing Cherub Rock could be live, good lord, that Diezel distortion just punches you in the chest/face/ears.

I liked their album in 2006 (still yet to check out the one Billy's been slowly releasing through his website). Billy always has such fantastic guitar sounds, even if he were a crap player (which he isn't) it'd be worth listening for that (the fx).

Yes he is a bit of a cocky bastard quite often, and his "jaded with music, and hollywood, and the 'scene', politics" etc attitude does come across very annoying in certain contexts. Often he'll publicly chime in on something going on in current culture, and make an ass of himself, but he quite commonly back tracks and makes another statement saying he overreacted, misspoke, whatever. He's just over reactionary and doesn't really think out a lot of things before he says them. I'll always be a SP fan though. He was hanging out outside behind the venue all day one day, and just walkng around town for the entire 2 weeks being very very friendly to people. Jimmy was the one that was reclusive. After their last night there (which I attended) and playing 3 hours, the band (minus jimmy) had the decency to come across the street and talk to the few of us that were there, and I talked to BIlly for a few seconds and it was one of the few times I've ever been completely star struck.

That said, Billy is getting back into synth stuff again, which I always enjoy. He's got his gigantic Mattison Mini Modular system, and all kinds of other stuff. HIs most recent solo album is very synth heavy and has lot's of guitar through synth action, I highly recommend it.

Archived