IGNORED

Do you use Bandcamp?

Ive got an account in anticipation of releasing some stuff but haven't put anything up yet. Beta testing something else sounds a lot more fun though, let me know!

same here

same here

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Adjective

i use it and if they feature freeze it and keep it the same for infinity i would be very pleased.

curious what you've got cooking chaosmachine, you're a busy bee!

Guest hahathhat

i was using it for a bit, but it'd mysteriously refuse to accept uploads of certain tracks -- like track 4 off an EP while the other three would upload fine. their tech support was mystified. i left the site up, but i don't upload to it any more......

anyone else have that problem?

i use it, and love it. my only complaint is that it isn't very search-friendly. would be nice also to have an artist-controlled recommendations page, where one can other similar/awesome bandcamp pages. kinda like a friends list i guess!

other than that, it's great. the paypal integration is solid, and the detailed listens/links/downloads charts are great for someone as pedantic as me!

i'm interested to see if you come up with something as awesome!

One complaint, that you should be able to upload more than one song at a time.

wakey, you can upload zips ya silly goof!

woah! i'll have to try that out. i'd just been uploading two tracks at a time, gah!

Guest Adjective

would be nice also to have an artist-controlled recommendations page, where one can other similar/awesome bandcamp pages. kinda like a friends list i guess!

there's something in that ballpark where, once someone starts to download your album, albums that you recommend will be displayed to them.

i haven't used it, i may have concept wrong, but they describe it here http://blog.bandcamp.com/2011/03/17/recommended-albums

woah! i'll have to try that out. i'd just been uploading two tracks at a time, gah!

Shit guys... I may have remembered wrong and be talking out my ass. I tried to just search for upload zip bandcamp and found nothing... Beware of wasting your time with my advice. Marijuana effects your memory :sup:

Shit guys... I may have remembered wrong and be talking out my ass. I tried to just search for upload zip bandcamp and found nothing... Beware of wasting your time with my advice. Marijuana effects your memory :sup:

towelie.gif

If things go well, beta accounts will go out sometime next month... in the mean time, I'm sending out a quick survey to get everyone's info (check your PM boxes over the next few days).

Guest blacks

would love to beta test anything bandcamp related!

haha, i just sent you an email about my website a few days ago. what's up dude. do you think watmm is ready for enjyn? or . . is enjyn ready for watmm?

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I use it in a band. yep.

http://ohstereo.com

I really liked the production on the first track, didn't love the vocals. (not your typical anti vocal watmmer mind you)((but I'm sure a lot of people would like it) I could dig this as instrumentals.

Guest blacks

I use it in a band. yep.

http://ohstereo.com

I really liked the production on the first track, didn't love the vocals. (not your typical anti vocal watmmer mind you)((but I'm sure a lot of people would like it) I could dig this as instrumentals.

To each his own with the vox, glad you liked the production though. Yeah I'm not usually throwing my stuff with that band around WATMM for that very reason but I appreciate it for sure!

haha, i just sent you an email about my website a few days ago. what's up dude. do you think watmm is ready for enjyn? or . . is enjyn ready for watmm?

I think you should start a fundraiser to pay Joyrex to dissolve the featured artist subforums.

Dear chaosmachine,

It is true that I use bandcamp. Also, I would like to take part in the beta testing of your software.

You may find the link in my signature to this reply.

<3,

-William S. Braintree.

I'm thinking of popping some things up on Bandcamp when my next album comes out because I figure if I'm going to put it up on every torrent website I may as well put it there too (plus once in a while I get emails from random people asking if I sell my stuff anywhere).

I think you should start a fundraiser to pay Joyrex to dissolve the featured artist subforums.

actually that's not a bad idea *furious typing of keys*

Guest placidburp

one thing i want to know about bandcamp - have any of you actually made any money? like, more than say £100?

Yes

one thing i want to know about bandcamp - have any of you actually made any money? like, more than say £100?

a few people have bought my releases. i've probably made just over $100 since i started my bandcamp page. thanks to a few people spending $20 on a couple of my albums!

Guest Ranky Redlof

related question

what percentage of people actually give money when you do the "name your price" thing?

i usually just down it for free then :blush:

but when there is a set (not too high) price i would down it anyway if i like it

seems like it's very -EV to do it that way from a commercial aspect(if you look at it in a vacuum ofcourse, newbies are better by just giving it away for free anyway as promotion)

maybe waiting for some drunk to put in 1000$ could be a good strategy ofcourse :cool:

Archived