IGNORED

Mouse on Mars Official Thread Imaginary Subforum

vamos scorcho

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/music/2013/03/mouse_on_mars_wow.php

We hear you're working on an opera called Miscontinuum?

We worked with Markus Popp and it's going to premiere in June... There is this idea about opera that it's very immediate but that it can also last forever. So we're playing with this idea... it's going to be kind of a trip, I don't know if trip is the right word.

Now this I have to hear. I mean christ, MoM + Oval, doing an OPERA?!

And according to this it will be released as a record.

http://blogs.westword.com/backbeat/2013/02/interview_jan_st_werner_mouse_on_mars.php?page=2

Twift is the bomb. When I was first getting into Mouse on Mars (and actually good music in general, it was my awakening), I was totally captivated by this video.

I mean, fuck. This is my favorite video on youtube.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Interesting, I just listened to Frosch! Vulvaland was the first MoM album I ever heard and in fact one of the first electronic albums I ever heard period. Unlike certain of their other albums like Autoditacker and Idiology, it doesn't occupy an "engrained" status in my consciousness, which means that when I do return to it every once in a while it's always a treat, pushing all these buttons that don't get pushed otherwise.

vulvaland is amazing for 94. or anytime really. frosch just nails the feel and elli im wunderland defines MOM's aesthetic perfectly. Always hated the title and cover. MOM have terrible artwork. always.

Archived