• 2 months later...
  • Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

[sc5]126594085[/sc5]

Not sure if it was posted here

Mouse On Mars' favourites of their 21 years band history

Those of us looking to renew our MOM Fanboy cards for 2014 should genuflect at this. So much awesome. Lots of great lesser-heard/unreleased/alt versions in there too.

I copypasta'd and cobbled together the tracklist from the soundcloud comments for anyone who's interested:

Owai (Instrumentals) at 0.12

Kanu (Iaora Tahiti) at 5.29

APE (WOW) at 7.50

Synchropticians ext. version (Parastrophics) at 12.29

Schlecktron / Double Mix (Iaora Tahiti) at 19.41

Presence (Idiology) at 24.24

Aggro Moderato (Abschaffung Der Arten) at 27.58

Albion Rosa (Niun Niggung) at 29.12

Subnubus (Instrumentals) at 33.09

Elli Im Wunderland (Vulvaland) at 38.31

Creolian Saphire (Instrumentals Bonus Track) at 44.12

X-Flies Version (Autoditacker) at 47.54

The Beach Stop (Parastrophics) at 54.01

Hawai (Die Abschaffung Der Arten) at 58.00

Download Sofist (Niun Niggung) at 1.00.00

Twift / Future Gold & Bouncy Version by The High Llamas (Autoditacker) at 1.00.33

Untitled States Of (Agit Itter It It) at 1.04.27

Sword Man (unreleased) at 1.07.12

Chartnok (Varcharz) at 1.12.03

Migmy (Spezmodia) at 1.14.37

Retphase (Varcharz) at 1.17.32

First:Break (Idiology) at 1.19.43

Presenter (Niun Niggung) at 1.24.13

Moonchild / Cibo Matto (Remix) at 1.28.17

Lazergum (Cache Coeur Naif) at 1.31.49

Schnick-Schnack (Autoditacker) at 1.35.11

Opium (Abschaffung Der Arten) at 1.40.00

Paradical (Idiology) at 1.42.11

Mine Is In Yours (Radical Connector) at 1.44.12

Catching Butterflies With Hands (Idiology) at 1.48.24

The Illking (Idiology) at 1.52.54

I LOVE parastrophics but on first listen I'm not liking spezmodia. It's missing a certain depth for me, seems very minimal and simplistic. That's first listen though.

I love all of MoMs past work so maybe this just needs a few listens.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Dont give too much if a shit about spez or wow TBH (they're both good)

That said: today I had on my electronic music playlist shuffle on Spotify for like four hours... A song came on and I immediately said "this is what I'm talking about motherfucker" and i sort of guessed it was MoM. It was actually Scratch Pet Land but I am pretty sure from that that MoM was involved. It's on Sonig so...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I LOVE parastrophics but on first listen I'm not liking spezmodia. It's missing a certain depth for me, seems very minimal and simplistic. That's first listen though.

I love all of MoMs past work so maybe this just needs a few listens.

same here, i love parastrophics & WOW, also the title of this single 7": http://www.discogs.com/Mouse-On-Mars-Prefuse-73-Miami-Death-By-Barber/release/3552272/http://www.monkeytownrecords.com/releases/view/56/mouse-on-mars/special-release-to-support-record-store-day-2012-mouse-on-mars-prefuse-73-miami-death-by-barber-mtrr

it was really my period, then I have not followed them since have changed direction or haven't more good ideas... it's just my impression...

before parastrophics, I did not like their music...

• 7 months later...

60 mins of jan st. werner madness on bandcamp

ACID DECEIT is the debut album of Noisemashinetapes. Conceived as a cassette tape, ACID DECEIT features 60 minutes of tracks and sound collages composed by St. Werner between 2011 and 2015. The artwork was compiled by Paul McDevitt and uses images from St. Werner's visual catalogue.

ACID DECEIT has been released on Mouse on Mars & Frank Dommert’s www.sonig.com label in an edition of 100 on the occasion of A-Musik.com 's 20th anniversary; Oct 3rd 2015. Order here: a-musik.com/p/product/noisemashinetapes-acid-deceit-k7-095040.html
An archive of Noisemashinetapes' earlier cutup experiments is hosted on www.chickenhed.com

a1741335573_10.jpg

https://fiepblatter.bandcamp.com/album/noisemashinetapes-acid-deceit

• 3 months later...

have been making my way through the mouse on mars discog chronologically. I'm just sticking to mom, no lithops, microstoria etc.

dang these guys are so good. kinda compiling a "best of" list, something to share with the neophytes. Gonna try to keep it down to 20 tracks but that seems so hard!!

Guest igloos unlmtd

This is my list.. cut & paste from http://forum.watmm.com/topic/55720-mouse-on-mars-cache-coeur-naif/

think MoM made some pretty tedious albums, but their best songs are simply amazing. I have a Mom mix that I like to listen to. Please let me know if I'm missing something essential :

Glim
Twift
Lazergum
Frosch
Twift
Juju
Saturday Night World Wide Fieber (DJ Crack Mix)
Bib (single edit)
Omnibuzz
Kompod
Sui Shop
Froschroom
Twift Shoeblade
Cache Coeur Naif

Guest igloos unlmtd

maybe... i made the list in 2010 so yeah none of the new stuff.

there is a lot of material so i could be missing things.

I forgot to post it here, they announced a release for 2016 (not sure if an album or EP, I'm thinking an album as it's been awhile since parastrophics).

https://www.facebook.com/mouseonmars/photos/a.213945818630231.61153.191240810900732/1119297498095054/?type=1&theater

Whoa whoa, MoM make fucking phenomental albums. Iaora, Autoditacker, Instrumentals, Niun Niggung, idiology... and that's list is conservative son!

Psyched for new stuff from these guys, Really liked wow and spezmodia (i seem to be the only one in the room who did), though that 21 again thing was a bit meh even considering it's nothing more than a bunch of fuckarounds with friends

Whoa whoa, MoM make fucking phenomental albums. Iaora, Autoditacker, Instrumentals, Niun Niggung, idiology... and that's list is conservative son!

Psyched for new stuff from these guys, Really liked wow and spezmodia (i seem to be the only one in the room who did), though that 21 again thing was a bit meh even considering it's nothing more than a bunch of fuckarounds with friends

Nah man, I loved wow and spezmodia, the latter more than the former.

Their older albums are absolutely incredible (Autoditacker, can't believe that was made before 97? Would have fit on Warp quite nicely during that era, surprised Warp didn't snap em' up...).

Parastrophics was wicked as well, really loved that one.

I'm really excited to see what they'll come up with next.

hey guys what happened to this thread?!?!?

Alright I got Glam on vinyl and it is probably my favourite thing of theirs. I dig the twinkly hyperactive pop stuff of Parastrophics et al too but Glam is "otherworldly"

glam love

Glam is such a beautiful, magical album, especially on vinyl. It's not my favorite (Idiology will always be my favorite), but it stands out in a special way. When I put it on I'm totally sucked into its warm, hazy atmosphere.

Really hope Dodo Nkishi is back on the new release (and tour)! He's essential IMO.

• 2 months later...

So I guess theres a new 10" coming out on the "Infinite Greyscale" label, as per their facebook page.

Is that Jan's label? Thoughts? Thought it'd be on Monkeytown or something again.... Wonder if that means a change in direction of their sound.

I hope we're getting an album too... I'm greedy I know. 2012 since Parastrophics though.

Archived