IGNORED

Squarepushers next album

not_vikur

Guest IdironBoomtracks

SOME CRAZY JAZZ HEADPHUCKING no doubt...

im thinking itll be less drill'n'bass but more experimental/jazz done in a drill'n'bass way... thats my prediction/hopes anyhoo.

i predict he will go back to his roots... there will be a track in the same format as tundra and ther will be plenty undefinable charm left hanging around... many of his sounds will become more analogue sounding and less "digital digital " ... the underlying theme will be to go warm like the bass in Smedleys Melody track 5 on feed me weird things

Guest skunkfactoryx
after seeing the live gig the other week - i reckon it will be steaming turd.

Have a long rest TJ.

your a mug mate

i've seen Squarepusher 4 times now and its always been hardcore badbwoy shit

Guest Lost in Ohio

ultravisitor was the first album of his i proper owned (and would almost definitiely have not done so if i weren't able to download it first) and heard.

i've since moved backwards and really really dig HND and feed me weird things.. i have nothing but the highest hopes for his next release, ESPPP after Tunda 4. we *know* TJ knows his melodies, tones, rhythms, drums, bass, etc etc.. it's going to be good.

People also seem to question the fact that he plays drums live on Iambic 9 Poetry.. it's definitely live and it's definitely him.. although it does sound like he did a little manipulation at parts with the bell of his ride, chopped up and the like.

:cool:

Guest ghost trance

I hope he takes the direction of "Iambic 9 Poetry" and "Tetra Sync" and goes further out as only he is capable of doing.

Guest cakeface

nah, iambic 9 poetry is too sloppy, programmed drums are what the doctor is ordering and nobody but nobody does em like tommy

Guest Lost in Ohio
nah, iambic 9 poetry is too sloppy, programmed drums are what the doctor is ordering and nobody but nobody does em like tommy

he's a decent live drummer as well though man. his work (by his own choice) doesn't really leave him many opportunities for showing off the chops. it's the organic live quality of iambic 9 that really drew me in the first place, which i think is what you're referring to as "sloppy."

Guest gazzton

I predict a live jazz instrumental, with a long stroll on the bass.

Personally, it wouldn't really interest me... but I'd respect him for doing it.

• 8 months later...

Archived