IGNORED

Astrobotnia 00

elusive4

Maybe it's because there hasn't been anything 'new' released digitally by Rephlex in over a year now, for whatever reason? Perhaps because he's free to put stuff out whenever he wants through Bandcamp? I do wonder sometimes if artists ever get frustrated by Rephlex's intermittent release schedules.

BTW, why aren't the files tagged with "Astrobotnia" as artist?

Doesn't Bandcamp metatag your tracks for you based on the album info you input on the page? My guess is he didn't realize it was going to make the artist Aleksi Perala.

"Short Attention Span" was still tagged as Ovuca, and it's on the same Bandcamp account, isn't it?

BTW, why aren't the files tagged with "Astrobotnia" as artist?

Doesn't Bandcamp metatag your tracks for you based on the album info you input on the page? My guess is he didn't realize it was going to make the artist Aleksi Perala.

"Short Attention Span" was still tagged as Ovuca, and it's on the same Bandcamp account, isn't it?

yep. But I think you can input a different "artist name" for each track and/or release, and he might have accidentally left it blank or something.

Or not. But it seems obvious that it's an Astrobotnia release, and not an Aleksi Perala release.

Guest Calx Sherbet

i just finished listening to all 4 astrobotnia albums. my first time hearing them, all magnificent. i wish i had heard them a lot earlier

The drum programming in the Astrobotnia releases is very similar to the stuff written by AFX. Quality stuff. I don't think many can pull-off this elaborate technique coupled with lush pads and haunting melodies.

the astrobotnia series would be 10/10 perfect if it were not for the jungle breaks IMO.

the rest of the music is so other worldly and mysterious, then suddenly you get with an apache or amen. RUN RIDDIM BAD BWOY

Guest bitroast

the astrobotnia series would be 10/10 perfect if it were not for the jungle breaks IMO.

the rest of the music is so other worldly and mysterious, then suddenly you get with an apache or amen. RUN RIDDIM BAD BWOY

ooh i hear ya. i feel the same way about vocal samples (for example, voice samples in wisp's albums, etc).

still though, astrobotnia series must be about as close to being a 10/10 as it gets : )

Guest nene multiple assgasms

no way. the frantic breaks make the background that much more serene.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

this deserves more attention

yeah. i like the electribey-synthy drums pn afterwards...

...because i programmed them. i think i actually have one or two of those patterns saved somewhere for nostalgic reasons

collaboration AND theft ;)

those drums are from my first electronic jams, after i got my electribe er-1.

between 199/6/7-2010 we used to have these jam sessions with me, my brother tomplex and aleksi. snippets of noises from those jams have found their way into numerous aleksi-tunes.

stuff on boom blaster and mental union got started in our jams. of course he made em to his own versions.

and while i´m on the topic, i composed the looney bassline and glidey melody in project v track Sunbath.

so yeah, everyhing by aleksi (except some melodies, basslines, drums, tracknames and sounds :)

collaboration AND theft ;)

those drums are from my first electronic jams, after i got my electribe er-1.

between 199/6/7-2010 we used to have these jam sessions with me, my brother tomplex and aleksi. snippets of noises from those jams have found their way into numerous aleksi-tunes.

stuff on boom blaster and mental union got started in our jams. of course he made em to his own versions.

and while i´m on the topic, i composed the looney bassline and glidey melody in project v track Sunbath.

so yeah, everyhing by aleksi (except some melodies, basslines, drums, tracknames and sounds :)

Wow, that is really cool/interesting. Any hard feelings? Or is this generally accepted amongst you guys?

Sunbath is one of my favourite Aleksi Perala tracks! Are you serious? If so, well done

of course i am serious. i can tell you a story about that track. sometime in 2003 i went to visit aleksi to get wasted. he had been jamming, and had some beats and chords ready, and i started playing stuff over those. at some point i left, and next time i saw him he had this monster track ready. i was surprised the stuff i played was still there.

@superstix, it´s ok, of course. if you get a nice idea while jamming, naturally you want to develop that further. jam sessions are a nice way to get wasted

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I love Astrobotnia feel kinda dumb that I'm just listening to this now. Gotta give this a few more listens before I can say a few of my favorite things about this album.

• 10 years later...

Why hasn't Aleksi posted Astrobotnia II on the bandcamp?  The digitals were up for the 12 or so minutes that the Rephlex store was online, so, they exist...

Edited by hayhook
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, hayhook said:

Why hasn't Aleksi posted Astrobotnia II on the bandcamp?  The digitals were up for the 12 or so minutes that the Rephlex store was online, so, they exist...

He's too busy pushing the generate even more colundi button *sigh*