IGNORED

Dazzle Camoflage

Guest Coalbucket PI

Guest Coalbucket PI

Apparently in World War I someone decided that boat camouflage wasn't working because none of them were good in all weather conditions, and so this 'dazzle' paintjob was invented. It doesn't make it less visible, but makes it hard to tell what sort of boat it is, how fast it's going and in which direction. Snazzy stuff I'm sure you'll agree.

yIvQr.jpg

cezBd.jpg

Nefg0.jpg

Rkibd.jpg

KqgHK.jpg

O94Ky.jpg

Yw9uQ.jpg

A bunch of photos here http://twistedsifter.com/2010/02/razzle-dazzle-camouflage/

Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dazzle_camouflage

also while I'm on the subject I think digital camouflage is pretty IDM too

gQtpbs.jpg

Yeah, I was a big aircraft and military equipment dork as a little kid, and dazzle camouflage always threw me off. Digital can be pretty cool too, but it's effectiveness varies:

CamouflageCouch.jpg

800px-3rd_Battalion%2C_3rd_Marines_-_Afghanistan.jpg

Some planes in dazzle and digital...

q_027501.jpg

AIR_MiG-29_Slovakian_Digital_Thunder_Camo_lg.jpg

2714263286_d069078775.jpg

CamouflageCouch.jpg

I saw a woman dressed in the Canadian Forces "forest green" version at the grocery store. She walked in front of the lettuce section and almost disappeared, it was incredible. If I had been expecting it, I would have taken a picture :\

Kandinsky does camo.

I never really understand the point of digital camouflage unless they were hiding in a video game.

I think it's because they are expecting the enemy to have our old technology that we sold them including digital binoculars that pixelate when zooming or moving making our guys invisible and thus invincible. i shudder to think where the u.s. would be right now without digital camo.

If I saw one of those boats coming my way, I'd get excited thinking that some cool dudes and switched on chicks are rescuing me from military service to go AWOL and get crunk. But then it'd shoot like 3 missiles at my face. So in a way, it's pretty effective.

CamouflageCouch.jpg
I saw a woman dressed in the Canadian Forces "forest green" version at the grocery store. She walked in front of the lettuce section and almost disappeared, it was incredible. If I had been expecting it, I would have taken a picture :\

CADPAT is apparently one of the better digital patterns, I can totally see that happening in front of the produce section.

I think it's because they are expecting the enemy to have our old technology that we sold them including digital binoculars that pixelate when zooming or moving making our guys invisible and thus invincible. i shudder to think where the u.s. would be right now without digital camo.

Most forms beyond the US army pattern seem to be faring well, especially seeing as deployed troops are switching to multicam.

Speaking of binocular techology, every hear of this?

103048_5.jpg
Can't help but picture that guy yelling "Cobraaa!!!"

lol, yeah reminds me of the "bad guy" micromachine patterns

dcp_6940.jpg

106.jpg?t=1263315185

9607bel05.jpg19793d1268851913-cool-vehicle-camo-patterns-0001zw2.jpg
Lego armored cars? I hope the terrorists don't have one of these:0821-1.jpg

LOL! On a side not that brick remover save my ass a few times, especially on those narrow thin blocks.

LOL! On a side not that brick remover save my ass a few times, especially on those narrow thin blocks.

yeah i nearly chipped my teeth several times as a kid trying to remove those damn thin blocks!

Archived