JAZZ - THE THREAD

halisray

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been really enjoying digging through the catalog of Black Saint records:
(if you don't know this label, check it out; even though it started in the late 70s there are many amazing heavyweights of the free scene)

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

For some time now in the continual hunt for new DJ material to play in the Jazz scene we have been coming across great tracks by current artists that are often only available on digital or cd format, and have been cutting dubplates so we can play them in Jazz Dance gigs.

• Like 2

IbRgMK4.png

New Blue Sun, then, features none of André’s intricate, river-flowing rhymes, or as NPR put it, “no bars, no beats, no sub-bass.” In fact, 3000 doesn’t sing on the record at all, but he does tear it up on his trusty flutes. In fact, he plays a number of flutes as well as digital wind instruments, and instead of his signature motor-mouthed poetry the album’s first track kind of apologizes for the lack of language with the me culpa title, “I swear, I Really Wanted To Make A ‘Rap’ Album But This Is Literally The Way The Wind Blew Me This Time.”

https://www.billboard.com/music/rb-hip-hop/outkast-andre-3000-solo-album-new-blue-sun-flute-instrumental-no-rapping-1235471313/

Honestly, check out this whole album, one of my favourites from this year. Natural Information Society - Since Time Is Gravity

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...