IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Guest disparaissant

oh yeah there's totally that. i mean. all money we spend ends up going into some kind of terrible horrible idea like sweatshop labour or exploitation of migrant workers or whatever the hell else but when it comes to someone being a dick about gay rights that's what pushes us over the tipping point? give me a break!

oh yeah there's totally that. i mean. all money we spend ends up going into some kind of terrible horrible idea like sweatshop labour or exploitation of migrant workers or whatever the hell else but when it comes to someone being a dick about gay rights that's what pushes us over the tipping point? give me a break!

This. People using iMacs to post anti-chick-fil-a things on Reedit and Facebook, lol.

Do they really care about human rights or they just care about the trending topic?

Edited by YO303

From a quick google search, I'm sure you'll get the idea though:

http://www.hospitalitymagazine.com.au/food/news/gloria-jean-s-coffees-accussed-of-homophobia-in-pr

I simply don't buy their coffees because they're just too expensive. Sometimes I'll get an iced mocha or something ridiculous from them though.

gay rights. black people. these are the two groups with some serious politically correct clout in america. Sweatshop labourers, migrant workers don't really have their people out there fighting the fight i guess

Cute cat.

The good thing about cats is they usually try to be clean with the shits 'n piss, and to locate their bidness in an appropriate location. I mean, they try. Fail frequently, but I can respect the effort.

Yeah, cats are weirdly self-conscious like that. They embarrass easy.

And somehow mine has managed to make my entire apartment smell like cheese, but I have found no evidence of poo anywhere... OMG what if he ate it??? :wtf:

...I hate to say this - but I punished him by pushing him away from me when he tried to cuddle.

I felt so bad about it afterwards. made it up to him like a hundred times.

That's what they call "tough love"! I just tried an intervention. He went in the bathtub and started making the "I'm trying to dig up litter with my paws" pantomime. So I picked him up and put him in the litter box, but of course he wouldn't have any of it. Then he goes behind the toilet and begins the same ritual, to which I voice my disapproval and then move him back into the tub, since that's a lot more ideal. But at this point he's just not liking being forced to go anywhere. The rest is a blur, but at some point my girlfriend joins us in the bathroom, sees him going behind the toilet and is like "oh he's doing it, there's no stopping it now" as he proceeds to leave a goddamned dipping sauce of shit for us to enjoy. This time I wrapped it up in tissue and made him watch me bury it in the litter box. I don't think he got the hint, but it was worth a shot anyway. Maybe if he smells it buried there he'll take the bait.

i left my coffee out, someone used it and i couldn't find it. so i made espresso with some organic stuff. it was seriously awful and then i found my coffee, in the fridge.

Guest uptown devil

went to the beer store and bought what i thought was a marzen, but when i got home realized it was actually a marzen rauchbier. i generally despise rauchbiers but i drank it anyway and it tasted like a campfire took a shit in my mouth.

i want a haircut but also don't want a haircut

I get this all the time. Also, my hair has been the same style for almost 10 years but I can't think of anything else to do with it.

Oh, and another first world problem of mine: I've been putting more effort into dressing well lately, and I've realised that women can get away with a LOT more, in terms of crazy clothing. I went to work yesterday in a black and white houndstooth suit jacket, red knitted tie and red/white/navy boots and got all kinds of weird looks on public transport. Meanwhile, I see women dressed in far more ridiculous outfits and nobody bats an eyelid. ZOLE

...I hate to say this - but I punished him by pushing him away from me when he tried to cuddle.

I felt so bad about it afterwards. made it up to him like a hundred times.

That's what they call "tough love"! I just tried an intervention. He went in the bathtub and started making the "I'm trying to dig up litter with my paws" pantomime. So I picked him up and put him in the litter box, but of course he wouldn't have any of it. Then he goes behind the toilet and begins the same ritual, to which I voice my disapproval and then move him back into the tub, since that's a lot more ideal. But at this point he's just not liking being forced to go anywhere. The rest is a blur, but at some point my girlfriend joins us in the bathroom, sees him going behind the toilet and is like "oh he's doing it, there's no stopping it now" as he proceeds to leave a goddamned dipping sauce of shit for us to enjoy. This time I wrapped it up in tissue and made him watch me bury it in the litter box. I don't think he got the hint, but it was worth a shot anyway. Maybe if he smells it buried there he'll take the bait.

You might want to try temporarily moving the litter box into the bathtub (when tub not in use lol), and then slowly move the box in stages, over a week or more, to where you actually want it (letting him properly locate his shit in the box before moving it to the next stage).

I'm basing this on a variation of the Charles Mingus CAT-alog for Toilet Training Your Cat

Edited by baph

Oh, and another first world problem of mine: I've been putting more effort into dressing well lately, and I've realised that women can get away with a LOT more, in terms of crazy clothing. I went to work yesterday in a black and white houndstooth suit jacket, red knitted tie and red/white/navy boots and got all kinds of weird looks on public transport. Meanwhile, I see women dressed in far more ridiculous outfits and nobody bats an eyelid. ZOLE

You have to stick to subtle variations on a kind of trad/preppy style if you want to pull it off the dress shirt/tie/jacket thing and you don't want to look ridiculously flamboyant (not that you did... but it's easy to go too far). I don't mean you actually have to look preppy, I'm just saying start with the basic traditional elements and figure out what works for you.

IMO: Don't get all matchy. Red tie and red shoes might be a bit much. Traditional guy style eschews the matchy. The only thing that's supposed to match is the suit jacket and suit pants. If you're not wearing a two-piece suit, you should wear a blazer or sports coat--not a suit jacket-- and pair it with different colored ("odd") pants. In that case, the pants shouldn't exactly match the jacket, but you should try to go for a bit of contrast without loudly juxtaposing patterns or materials.

The red tie and red in the boots might have been a bit much.

Shit's complicated, yo, but the first rule is kinda just... tone it down.

I mean, you might have looked fine, but that getup sounds a little busy from the description. But I ain't no expert, anyway.

That houndstooth jacket sounds like a bitch to balance with anything, tbqh. Black 'n' white is pretty fucking flashy.

Edited by baph

Haha, i'm not trying to project anything really. It's just that my 'style' was band tshirts and business trousers for 10 years and I want to try something different. I mean, I don't really give a fuck what people on public transport think, it was just an observation.. I'll post a pic when I get home!

You might want to try temporarily moving the litter box into the bathtub (when tub not in use lol), and then slowly move the box in stages, over a week or more, to where you actually want it (letting him properly locate his shit in the box before moving it to the next stage).

I'm basing this on a variation of the Charles Mingus CAT-alog for Toilet Training Your Cat

Funny enough, Charles Mingus was one of the brainstorm cat names I had before getting this guy. I mentioned moving the litter box to the tub since that's where he was going, but my girlfriend didn't want him to keep associating the tub with business. I think now that we're a few more mishaps in she may change her tune though, so I will suggest it again. I swear this kitten is getting bonus shit teleported into it somehow so that it will keep producing a ton of it regardless of how little it's been fed.

And here's the photo. Yes, I'm aware that they look like clown shoes or bowling shoes. Don't care. I bought them off a guy at work who sold me four pairs of boots for $120, pretty good deal imo.

8022_10151017972760073_369029037_n.jpg