IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Ah, I'm getting worse and worse at writing music.

Its not even fun anymore its just frustrating.

Maybe it'll all turn around if I just keep going at it.

Maybe.

I'm supposed to be writing an album too lol

Are you the one signed to rephlex?

He should be.

Saw an amazing Steinberger headless guitar for a really great price two weeks before payday, and I'd spent almost all of my money over christmas/new years. Trying to figure out how to get enough money together in order to put it on hold this weekend (if it's still there) and buy it the weekend after payday. On the plus side, I've managed to collect almost $250 in loose change over a year or so which should be a decent deposit as long as I don't actually give them the coins.

I should really stop spending so much money on booze :facepalm:

Edited by modey

I have a new job teaching courses at a community college. Getting my syllabus approved is by far the most frustrating experience with any bureaucracy Ive ever encountered.

what classes are you teaching smetty? and tell us more about the syllabus bureaucracy, i love hearing about how gimped teachers really are when it comes to teaching students, it helps explain why some of my seemingly brilliant instructors let modey's office teach the class for them

Edited by luke viia

to make badminton more like actual exercise i had to do 'the leaping frog strategy' but felt stupid doing it for any length of time

it's a strategy because it's very distracting for the opponent

Edited by tauboo

I slept in until 7pm today. I think that may be a personal record. Now I'm kind of mad at my girlfriend for not waking me up earlier, which is silly (and I'm practically never mad at her except when she's mad at me... so it's weird and confusing). This new sleep pattern is fucking me up psychologically.

Guest Brian Sweeney Fitzgerald

I just learnt that Klaus Kinski was a sadistic sexual predator that abused his daughter and now I feel terrible for ever telling people that he was one of my favourite actors.

(Also just to clarify I'm not saying that him being sexually abusive is a stupid first world problem, that's an incredibly fucked up problem).

Guest Brachiosaur

Anyone else getting more and more lazy? Like when my mom texts me and asks if I want to come visit at 5ish I wish I just had a "Like"-button I could press

I just learnt that Klaus Kinski was a sadistic sexual predator that abused his daughter and now I feel terrible for ever telling people that he was one of my favourite actors.

Well fuck. That's horrible. I'm not as shocked as I would be if I heard this news about another actor though... Klaus Kinski was a messed up individual without a doubt. This just makes his crazy antics a lot less endearing. I wonder how Herzog's taking the news.

Well fuck. That's horrible. I'm not as shocked as I would be if I heard this news about another actor though... Klaus Kinski was a messed up individual without a doubt. This just makes his crazy antics a lot less endearing. I wonder how Herzog's taking the news.

It's horrible. I was already convinced that Kinski was an agressive godawful human being with not much regard for humanity. In Herzog's book "Conquest Of The Useless" (a diary made during the shooting of Fitzcarraldo) he recalls when they stayed in a hotel where Kinski went mad berserk on his wife, and they "had to clean up blood from the walls in the hallway". Reading that, I've lost lots of respect for Kinski. And now even more. He also went on a tantrum threatening to kill an actress just because he "didn't like the sound of her voice on the radio". He really must have had some sort of brain damage. He just wasn't normal at all. Everywhere he went, he left a tail of destruction. A total psychopath. And this news, well fucking hell... I wouldn't be surprised by now if he once killed someone and got away with it.

It is sad because I really love Aguirre... Don't know how I am going to look at the movie now. And I still want to watch the other Herzog/Kinski films, as well as "Kinski My Best Friend". Yeah, also curious how Herzog will respond to that news now.

Edited by triachus

I can't get over the fact that a a girl at a party said that a Vibert track was RnB.

Why can't I stop thinking about it?

Had the same thing with some guy that called the Prodigy "dubstep of the 90's"

I feel your pain

I'm usually pretty good at separating the actors as people from the characters they play, so I don't think this will affect how I see his films too much. But I'm perhaps less inclined to seek out films specifically for his role now.

My cat's last crap was held together by a blue elastic band, like little shit nunchucks.

Guest Brian Sweeney Fitzgerald

I think with Kinski his whole career and appeal was based on the fact he was this insane, larger than life character so theguilt from liking his films seems more like enabling behaviour in hindsight. Everyone laughed at his antics, but I'm beginning to question if he used that to his advantage to cover up his more sadistic behaviour. It'll certainly be interesting to hear from hear from Herzog, seeing as in a way he was another victim to Kinski's psychotic behaviour.

And to makes things worse I just realised that my username is a Klaus Kinski / Fitzcarraldo reference. Think I might request a name change after all this.

Edited by Brian Sweeney Fitzgerald