IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Guest fiznuthian

Over the last ten years I've managed to miss Merzbow playing live every chance I've got.

He's playing in April and I was ON IT about getting tickets.

Just moved over to the new shift pattern at work, it means every other month I have to do a week of nights.

Guess when my first week of nights is????????????????

:cry:

:sad: Work can fuck right off

Cystitis sucks!

ouch, sorry

hope your pee parts heal soon

It has also caused a fucking hardcore fever and back pain. Also, my skin hurts.

there's... there's a doctor involved here, right?

kidneys are srs bizniz

*digs into belly and pulls out a kidney* what, these?

can't bring myself to do a lick of work, goddamn. I feel bad about being unproductive, yet it's all in my hands.

What's going on?

I hate my job and my workplace and the majority of my coworkers. fortunately I'm about to transfer to another team (for the first time in 4 years) and I'm hoping to rekindle some lingering enthusiasm.

can't bring myself to do a lick of work, goddamn. I feel bad about being unproductive, yet it's all in my hands.

I feel you brah.

So goddamned good at procrastinating.

*lethargic high five*

Over the last ten years I've managed to miss Merzbow playing live every chance I've got.

He's playing in April and I was ON IT about getting tickets.

Just moved over to the new shift pattern at work, it means every other month I have to do a week of nights.

Guess when my first week of nights is????????????????

:cry:

I don't like merzbow at all... What do you see in it? (not being facetious I'm just curious as to what qualities I should be looking for...)

Yup.

Step hen, as you may know Merzbow's discography is very large and incredibly diverse (no really, stop giggling you in the back) so I would suggest you do a little digging and find the right beginner Merzbow album for you.

Possibly something like Amlux or Merzbeat.

The one Sprillian got into in a big way is Dharma, which is a great fucking album.

Cystitis sucks!

ouch, sorry

hope your pee parts heal soon

It has also caused a fucking hardcore fever and back pain. Also, my skin hurts.

there's... there's a doctor involved here, right?

kidneys are srs bizniz

Yeah, I called my doctor yesterday morning and his secretary told me to stop by his office as soon as possible. Then they kept me for an hour and half because they kinda freaked out, when they discovered that I had a high fever even though I had taken two pain killers. I wish I had taken my temperature the day before that, because my girlfriend tells me that she thinks I was slightly above 104 F. I was burning up.

But yeah, I've been prescribed some pills now and my peepee already feels a lot better. Still a tiny bit sore, though. And my head hurts from time to time.

Yup.

Step hen, as you may know Merzbow's discography is very large and incredibly diverse (no really, stop giggling you in the back) so I would suggest you do a little digging and find the right beginner Merzbow album for you.

The one Sprillian got into in a big way is Dharma, which is a great fucking album.

Diverse. huh. *giggles with usagi* lol

I'll check out the albums you've mentioned thanks. =)

Yup.

also check the album of the vid i posted plz

Yup.

How does the music in the vid sell merzbow, it's more like you're trying to unsell it, put an end to anyone's intrest in the topic and here here to that. It's all pointless art noise for people whose brains can't distinguish music from environmental sounds but have heard that merzbow is out there so put up with it as a form of self congratulation for being into out there on the edge, deep sonic experiences man, you've got to look beyond the fact that it's shit and find it's centre, it's core and then it'll open up for you bro, i am so serious right now i can't understand why you're missing the point, do yourself a favour and give it another go, as a friend i urge you not to miss this.

bleh maybe there's good bow to be found, like crossbow and long bow, but to merzblow i say nlo.

---

no fens yolL.

Yup.

How does the music in the vid sell merzbow, it's more like you're trying to unsell it, put an end to anyone's intrest in the topic and here here to that. It's all pointless art noise for people whose brains can't distinguish music from environmental sounds but have heard that merzbow is out there so put up with it as a form of self congratulation for being into out there on the edge, deep sonic experiences man, you've got to look beyond the fact that it's shit and find it's centre, it's core and then it'll open up for you bro, i am so serious right now i can't understand why you're missing the point, do yourself a favour and give it another go, as a friend i urge you not to miss this.

bleh maybe there's good bow to be found, like crossbow and long bow, but to merzblow i say nlo.

---

no fens yolL.

noise is pretty legit but I still haven't heard any Merzbow that has blown me away in the same way that, for example, Autechre's noise tracks have.

Yup.

---

no fens yolL.

qheVW9e.gif

Did read.

also lol

Guest fiznuthian

I would say noise is an acquired taste but it's really not.. I feel like most people will know pretty quickly what their limits are. And some will just know immediately it's not a genre they would ever enjoy.

For me it started with Yellow Swans

noise is pretty legit

I agree, some noises are lovely.

I really like the noises that are arranged in rhythmic or melodic patterns with some sort of harmony. Those are my favorite.

but I'll still check out merblerb =)

I would say noise is an acquired taste but it's really not.. I feel like most people will know pretty quickly what their limits are. And some will just know immediately it's not a genre they would ever enjoy.

For me it started with Yellow Swans

Do you have this one dude?

Mort+Aux+Vaches+artcover.jpg

Seriously awesome shit