IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

well look at you guys with family still alive

rub it in why dontcha

lol

yeah i was thinking that as i was writing it, but one has to keep up one's tough chap facade so carried on with my deconstruction of your shambolic retort.

I come from a family where my father is very logical about things, we are less emotional and don't fuck around some fuzzy unforeseeable boundaries and just tell it like it is.

then you won't have a problem with t'internets telling you that you act like an absolute cunt most of the time, that your opinions about life, music, society, women, politics, economy, and general discourse appear to be mostly reactionary and insular in the extreme, and that it is truly baffling that you are a mod in spite of showing an exceptional inability to moderate with fairness and goodwill.

just tellin' it like it is, mayne!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU1VFErmUGA

I don't hate it in itself but I just hate having to give myself (almost) everyday, 8 to 9h each, to a task that mightn't be the worst but yet doesn't enthrall me at all either. I must sound very adolescent saying that, but all of this feels so vain. Having a job, etc... Why do we need to do this again ?

Gah sorry, that's some first world blabbering right there.

I come from a family where my father is very logical about things, we are less emotional and don't fuck around some fuzzy unforeseeable boundaries and just tell it like it is.

then you won't have a problem with t'internets telling you that you act like an absolute cunt most of the time, that your opinions about life, music, society, women, politics, economy, and general discourse appear to be mostly reactionary and insular in the extreme, and that it is truly baffling that you are a mod in spite of showing an exceptional inability to moderate with fairness and goodwill.

just tellin' it like it is, mayne!

:wub:

It works both ways stephen, if you know that a family member is blunt (open, not a pussy), don't open a conversational pardora's box by asking about miscarriages. I come from a family where my father is very logical about things, we are less emotional and don't fuck around some fuzzy unforeseeable boundaries and just tell it like it is. I think in the long run this state of mind causes way less pain than being conditioned as some precious object who then sadly uses this state of being as a blunt instrument to wack whomever isn't like this.

Jesus fuck delet, there is a difference between saying "yes unfortunately your mother did suffer a miscarriage and it was a very traumatic experience, so we should respect her and leave it at that" and "yeah the woman flushed it down the toilet".

Speaking as someone whose ex-partner suffered a miscarriage, the hardest thing in the world was telling my daughter that she wouldn't have a little brother after all.

FWP: I think I have the flu or something and have to go in for an interview for a part-time job to supplement the full time work i'll be doing. Feel like ass, even though i sweated most of that shite out last night. Old brittle bones!

Hey delet, maybe Joyrex would allow you to have a regular forum account to post with, and save the Delet one for moderation. Then, anyone who didn't want to read your posts could ignore them, and you could still mod happily away. I find the ignore system to be fantastic for keeping away from arguments and bad feelings.

It works both ways stephen, if you know that a family member is blunt (open, not a pussy), don't open a conversational pardora's box by asking about miscarriages. I come from a family where my father is very logical about things, we are less emotional and don't fuck around some fuzzy unforeseeable boundaries and just tell it like it is. I think in the long run this state of mind causes way less pain than being conditioned as some precious object who then sadly uses this state of being as a blunt instrument to wack whomever isn't like this.

Jesus fuck delet, there is a difference between saying "yes unfortunately your mother did suffer a miscarriage and it was a very traumatic experience, so we should respect her and leave it at that" and "yeah the woman flushed it down the toilet".

Speaking as someone whose ex-partner suffered a miscarriage, the hardest thing in the world was telling my daughter that she wouldn't have a little brother after all.

hence yek should not be so hard on his dad over telling him this, which is what this was all about in the first place chen.

Hey delet, maybe Joyrex would allow you to have a regular forum account to post with, and save the Delet one for moderation. Then, anyone who didn't want to read your posts could ignore them, and you could still mod happily away. I find the ignore system to be fantastic for keeping away from arguments and bad feelings.

there's an easier way to ignore me, for me not to be here. [-;

hence yek should not be so hard on his dad over telling him this, which is what this was all about in the first place chen.

Way to miss the point of the post, are you being thick on purpose?

You don't say " she flushed it down the toilet" to your son when discussing your ex-wife's miscarriage unless you are being completely insensitive.

You don't say " she flushed it down the toilet" to your son when discussing your ex-wife's miscarriage unless you are being completely insensitive.

unlike your post chengod, whose ammunition was based around the emotional turmoil experienced by the parent and obviously the young child when having to broach the matter (an i don't envy you that experience and you have my deepest sympathies over it). Yek is a full grown man and should harden the fuck up. Sure it might have been a bit of a shock to the system, and i'm sorry that he had that happen in his family but my point all along has been that he shouldn't blame his father for telling him something when he brought the issue up in the first place. How is this key position being missed by everybody?

What's worse is all the emotional sympathy jobbers blinded on here by their unsophisticated emotional reactions to hot button words without grasping the what of what i'm saying in the slightest, who are then, without a hint of self analysis, hypocritically attacking me.

It's all rather sad.

Just like wattm's initial reaction to gamer gate, and that t-shirt asteroid guy (don't lie to yourselves guys, many of you poo poo'd that engineer for his 'inappropriate shirt'), and being suspicious of me because it don't sit with the hive mind on that aggressive nutbag michael brown attacking a cop, trying to take his gun and getting shot for it.

It's been so clear that gamergate and this media storm over michael brown and those celebrity photo's 'hacked' off the icloud (given by the nsa to the net) have been part of a large propaganda exercise used to both divide and distract the public from the explosive rage directed towards the government and bankers that would be going on right about now (with the mass underemployment, poverty level wages etc)

believing that putin had something to do with that malaysian airliner and so on. Most people seem on autopilot for everything that sits outside of their narrow furrow of understanding, in an irrational state which simply reacts to pre-proscribed buzz words with chunks of preprogrammed emotional blurb, they never seem to deeply assess anything. You call me thick chengod, but the political credulity you've displayed these past months, has been deeply disappointing, and the fact that you couldn't understand the underlined above in my initial post and then at least give a friend benefit of the doubt before joining in on the witch hunt.

All of this stuff moves my heart and leaves me depressed most of the time, i love this place and despite my misgivings about people politically and on mirco-issues like this, i generally love this place and everyone in it and always have and want only the best for what i consider like a big extended family in some ways, or perhaps its more akin to a brotherhood like the initiated trade guilds of old. I do feel though that people see what i say on here and take it at face value without both reading more deeply into it and actually trying to understand what i mean and more importantly having at least some understanding of who i am given the years we've floated along together in this place, so reading my post from that position, not as a stranger all over again in some groundhog day nightmare.

heh, -さい-

lol truly a couple of pages for the first world problems thread.

unlike your post chengod, whose ammunition was based around the emotional turmoil experienced by the parent and obviously the young child when having to broach the matter (an i don't envy you that experience and you have my deepest sympathies over it). Yek is a full grown man and should harden the fuck up. Sure it might have been a bit of a shock to the system, and i'm sorry that he had that happen in his family but my point all along has been that he shouldn't blame his father for telling him something when he brought the issue up in the first place. How is this key position being missed by everybody?

How many times do i have to say it before it gets through your thick fucking skull?

It's fine for his father to talk about it.

What's not fine is the way he told him.

Here let's try again with examples.

Good:

"Yes son, your mother did have a miscarriage, it was a bad time and we should probably not remind her of it."

Bad:

"Yeah, she miscarried and flushed it down the toilet." (bit of a paraphrase, but yek did include the words "flushed it down the toilet"

No one is blaming his father for telling him, they're discussing the manner in which it was handled. So again, what part of that don't you understand?

"Some people are just more matter of fact and not pussies" (his words not mine).

He also said "Yek is a full grown man and should harden the fuck up".

So in summary...

delet thinks using tact/discretion/being sensitive to family members feelings makes you a pussy, being a grown man means you need to "harden the fuck up" and not have feelings about sensitive topics, and thus the manner in which it was handled is irrelevant.

I don't know what to say... That is some of the most ignorant stuff I've read around these parts. Not enough hugs as a child or something delet?

Edited by StephenG

fwp... I've been fighting pneumonia for the last week or so (since Christmas Eve, go figure... merry christmas.........). I coughed up about 14oz (not even an exaggeration...) of blood/dried blood/green mucus this morning when I woke up. It's disgusting to choke on something you're hocking up, and to have to almost chew through it to spit it in the sink.

I've been coughing so much and so hard that now I have a massive migraine. I took some t3s and they aren't helping at all.

I agree with Delet.. Sorry Yek, but man the fuck up.

My very stupid first world problem is that people posting serious emotional stuff in this thread irritates me:

It's in very poor taste and disrespectful to make mention of a lost human life in a thread titled stupid first world problems. Or do you agree that it's rather stupid to see you father's lack of tact as a problem and one that only some mollycoddled first worlder would give a second thought to (even if so the previous point stands)?

Edited by tauboo