IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I think I have some sort of psychiatric disorder, because I sometimes have sudden bursts of extreme anguish, anxiety and misconceptions, which blinds me and leads me to do stupid/weird actions.

This is how my mind sounds right now:

I've been given a job offer with more money etc...but I don't really want to do the job because it's super boring and means I probably have to be sat down all day. And the person who offered it to me is a nice guy and I think I'll hurt his feelings when (very unlikely 'if') I say no. Although I could do with more money, as could any of us, I don't really want it...Hmmmmmmmmmmm :/

the rabbit jumped onto and sat on my breakfast.

now she's eating it!

Put plate in oven and have rabbit dinner. That'll teach it.

I've been given a job offer with more money etc...but I don't really want to do the job because it's super boring and means I probably have to be sat down all day. And the person who offered it to me is a nice guy and I think I'll hurt his feelings when (very unlikely 'if') I say no. Although I could do with more money, as could any of us, I don't really want it...Hmmmmmmmmmmm :/

now she's eating it!

what happened next?

Oh, the job offer was a pre-emptive offer to the job becoming available, i.e.I was offered the job privately before it has been announced officially (it hasn't yet, I'm the first to know). I suppose that could mean it's not really *mine* per se but I don't see why they would ask me first if that was the case.

We shall see! Perhaps he asked EVERYONE before he asked me. I might be last in line. .___.

Edited by Bechuga

now she's eating it!

what happened next?

MC waited till the rabbit pooped and then ate that.

I am hilariously awkward when meeting a client for the first time. My small talk skills are laughably bad. As soon as we get down to business it's all good and comfortable, but those first 15 minutes of getting settled in with a new person is just a comedy of errors for me. Luckily most people find my awkwardness sort of endearing... I hope. i could sure do without it.

1. Working today while none of my friends are

Metro took forever because reasons

Really felt the urge to take a crap while sitting in the metro

Saw when I arrived at work that my boring colleague was here when I thought I'd be alone today

Still really had to take a crap so I immediately ran to the toilets but the cleaning lady was already there

Felt awkward and got back to my desk

I still really have to take a crap

Guest jasondonervan

Can count on one hand the amount of people in the office today. Unfortunately one of them is a really nervous guy who, although he has been on site for the better part of a year, seems like it takes all the mental strength he can muster in order to psyche himself up to come over and ask me for help with something. I can always tell when he's about to do this, because he will get up out of his chair and tentatively shuffle his way over to my desk as if it's part of an elaborately trap-laden Dark Souls level. And when he does get here, he's barely audible to a point where over time I can no longer mask my visibly obvious disdain that I'm finding the whole exchange laboriously difficult.

This is the same guy who was continually cracking his knuckles.

Guest jasondonervan

^ damn, son. he needs a liquor cabinet.

I too am working right up until official shutdown. the joys of working life.

I could use a liquor cabinet

So quiet in here, thank the maker that I remembered to load up my audio playing device with lots of mixes to keep my brain at least somewhat stimulated. I'm working from home tomorrow fortunately, then I am officially freed from the corporate shackles until 5th Jan *dropkicks laptop into quarry*

he's barely audible to a point where over time I can no longer mask my visibly obvious disdain that I'm finding the whole exchange laboriously difficult.

Seems like being friendly to him would make things easier for both of you

Pretty much this.

yep

and it doesn't mean that you have to be friends outside of work. just be nice when you see him, ask about stuff. i know it's a double edged sword, but you've got to work with these people. I'm nonstop nice at work, some of the people i work with though are moody low iQ erks so it doesn't matter the effort i've put in, it all gets nullified when they're acting on base urges, emotional whims.

-sie-

Guest jasondonervan

Ehhh, I feel like I went a bit overboard earlier. There has been a lot of ongoing uncertainty surrounding the job that may have inadvertently spilled out into my fwp. The reality is that it's less about that one guy in particular but more just letting off some steam about a less-than-ideal working situation for me lately. That aside, I admit I could make more of an effort (even though he's leaving in a few weeks), consider that duly noted.

This afternoon I have the first of many family/friend christmas/newyear parties/events. I don't expect I'll come across another electronic music fan in any of them. Except one brother-in-law who likes skrillex and deadmau5. Ugh

#WATMMproblems

Girlfriend got drunk today. (we both quit drinking about 3 years ago)

I'm kinda scared. Life had been near-perfect around here for quite awhile. Today feels kinda different.

Edited by LimpyLoo

haven't been able to get more than 2 hours of sleep any night this week and work was really truly kicking my ass, half the staff gone for holidays, lots going on, etc... but I survived the week and have the next three days off. WHEW! (not sure if FWP or FWS)

now she's eating it!

what happened next?

What happened about the job he means.

I already explained the rabbit eats her own.

SERIOUS FWP GUYS.

before christmas i got a cold/flu/manflu whatever. luckily (OR SO I THOUGHT) it ended Xmas eve.

NOW ALL XMAS DAY, BOXING DAY I CANT SMELL ANYTHING. seeing as 80% of taste is smell it has messed up all the yummy food. i bought 4 new gins to taste and i cant taste them. I CANT TELL BETWEEN ROAST POTATOES & PARSNIPS. everything tastes so bland.

i cant only tell if something is sweet/bitter/salty/sour/savoury. i cant tell of the existence of any other flavour. FML

now she's eating it!

what happened next?

What happened about the job he means.

I already explained the rabbit eats her own.

why do people react to explain the obvious rather than seeing that i already grasp this but eschew it in favour of the fabulous, at least esteemed chaps like bechuga get it.

sireeuslor

perhaps though this post was motivated by paranoia, in which case i can relate. (to explain what i mean in case you didn't get that, i mean that you might be paranoid that people may glom onto the concept that you eat rabbit poo, even as a somewhat nebulous sentiment at the back of their minds, so therefore it must be dispelled tout suite. Being full on ocd i get this kind of divergence from logic for the sake of ritual or in this case as a consequence ....

lol, the butcher bird that was on the railing of my veranda has landed on my car, please don't poo, i know that it's a rare day of rain, but i don't know if this break in the showers is the last of the rain, and don't feel like having to go downstairs with the garden hose to clean it it.

/makes whistle'ee sound

Oh good, it's flown off, gotten bored with me, kind of like her presence has no doubt.

/luvf dleetr .. no fence mind, i'm open to all concepts and consequences ( mostly figurative ) .. just speculatively droning for the meditative joy of it all ..

SERIOUS FWP GUYS.

before christmas i got a cold/flu/manflu whatever. luckily (OR SO I THOUGHT) it ended Xmas eve.

NOW ALL XMAS DAY, BOXING DAY I CANT SMELL ANYTHING. seeing as 80% of taste is smell it has messed up all the yummy food. i bought 4 new gins to taste and i cant taste them. I CANT TELL BETWEEN ROAST POTATOES & PARSNIPS. everything tastes so bland.

i cant only tell if something is sweet/bitter/salty/sour/savoury. i cant tell of the existence of any other flavour. FML

i got something like this this year, and now there is a smell range that has a completely different bouquet, it's fucking annoying and weird, like my sense of smell has been rooted and edited and there's nothing that i can do about it. I realise that this happens when you have the flu, like tomatoe sauce suddenly becomes weird, i guess you notice metallic highlights and what have you which overpower everything else, but in my case my sense of smell post this flu has been jacked. gleh it's bad enough having diminished hearing and sight due to aging but my sense of smell was never great due to allergies to begin with, well at least from my perspective, some of the food people were able to eat that i found repulsive due to lack of quality, treatment of ingredients, perhaps my sense of smell was better than i gave it credit for, but then again i couldn't stand perfumes, people love the fragrance but i can smell the underlying ... plus sneezing and qit

hrmm. wotevfnor

sorry.

i hope you get betr.