IGNORED

Tribute To Nikola Tesla Compilation

QBLA

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally getting round to listening to this compilation in all its wonderful (and mastered!) glory. Sounds awesome. Very professional, very Tesla, very IDM. Big ups again to everyone involved. My only hope is that I can make a contribution (at least finish a track for consideration!) next year.

Bit of behind-the-scenes info on the cubus track -

Here's the only instrument used for the track (and it was that colour coincidentally - though no British flag) :

GREEN_6M.jpg

No synths or drum machines, just an unplugged/ungrounded crackly broken guitar lead which was reprocessed to make each sound.

Downloading the compilation now. *Is excited* :wtf:

Awesome track. I think it might be my favourite cubus track.

And congrats on the compilation everyone.

Bit of behind-the-scenes info on the cubus track -

Here's the only instrument used for the track (and it was that colour coincidentally - though no British flag) :

GREEN_6M.jpg

No synths or drum machines, just an unplugged/ungrounded crackly broken guitar lead which was reprocessed to make each sound.

Downloading the compilation now. *Is excited* :wtf:

Awesome track. I think it might be my favourite cubus track.

And congrats on the compilation everyone.

+1... and all the better knowing that it was made out of hum and clicks.

is reticent a watmmer?

Halisray.

sweet. sweet track. sweet sweet halispray.

Awww, thanks for the kind words guys - It really means a lot :wub: I'm starting to really feel my lappys age now when throwing tasks like this at it. As you can imagine it needed some rather hefty effects processing to try and get something musical out of 50Hz mains hum and crackle, and any hint of achieving some sort of real time playback was optimistic to say the least ....

...and any hint of achieving some sort of real time playback was optimistic to say the least ....

Oh my god. Before I upgraded a couple years ago, I was still using a Mac G4 Power PC. I couldn't listen to anything I had written in real-time if I used more than 4 plugins. It was awful.

• 2 months later...

passing by to spread some manly love to braintree and his divine contribution to this compliation.

imma play it at a gig tomorrow, hope i get someone to videotape it.

mr. brain, have you got any more songs with a similar vibe? :music:

Thanks man!

Well, I've done some similar stuff with counterpoint before, but not really with drums that are that bouncy. This one is kind of similar, in a way:

http://soundcloud.com/william-s-braintree/broke-as-bach

This one has some metric modulation and more traditional instruments:

http://soundcloud.com/william-s-braintree/sunny-morning-in-the-garden

Feel free to rummage through the links in my signature.

Archived