IGNORED

Tribute To Nikola Tesla Compilation

QBLA

This compilation is wonderful! Hope the Squarepusher cover comp can come together like this one has...

Oh, and since there is so much Zephyr Nova love in this thread, I'm gonna plug his new album (since he won't do it himself) BUY IT!!! http://bleep.com/index.php?page=release_details&releaseid=28697

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Downloading... thank!!!!!! :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Amazing album m8s... good work. I wish I could have finished my track :(

I always feel a bit weird being the only one on these things using my real name.

Assuming Braintree's last name isn't actually Braintree.

nah, i think it's pretty cool o.g. if you had a silly sounding name, then i would agree but owen gilbride sounds just as cool as your track does. :cool:

Guest theSun

so beware my track was clipping at about 3:00 before, there's a proper version up on bandcamp and below. we're not sure what happened but it's fixed. thanks to zeph and everyone else. inspiring eclectic stuff really. that sax bit in the second song makes me lol every time, well done :D

my top 2:

#1 William S. Braintree - Tesla's Mortal Coil (absolutely loving this, straight into zee heavy rotation playlist :music:)

#2 Rat Faced Boy - Tesla-Beaton Prototype

also, Rat Faced Boy's track pretty much sounds like something I would write.. who are you Rat Faced Boy?

Bat Raised Boy

Placid Burp

Guest placidburp

my top 2:

#1 William S. Braintree - Tesla's Mortal Coil (absolutely loving this, straight into zee heavy rotation playlist :music:)

#2 Rat Faced Boy - Tesla-Beaton Prototype

Yay! Glad you like it, thanks!

Guest theSun

so beware my track was clipping at about 3:00 before, there's a proper version up on bandcamp and below. we're not sure what happened but it's fixed. thanks to zeph and everyone else. inspiring eclectic stuff really. that sax bit in the second song makes me lol every time, well done :D

just a top of page 5 reminder - in case anyone is liking it :trashbear:

Thanks for the love, guys :beer:

I tried to design those synth patches to sound like electricity, and also give it an eastern European touch.

My concept was basically "I'm going to make pads and melodies out of these power generator samples I have" and then let the ghost of Tesla take over. I kept imagining him sitting alone in a huge room with a giant tesla coil behind him sparking electricity everywhere. It was a good visual inspiration for the composition.

Thanks for the love, guys :beer:

I tried to design those synth patches to sound like electricity, and also give it an eastern European touch.

probably that's why i like it that much, im romanian :emotawesomepm9:

what's 'world's most' records, who runs that imprint?

it was something I did to host the compilation to make it seem more official. when i took over the duties this year, I thought about hosting it on Architects + Heroes, but that would interupt our release schedule. So I started "World's Most" in the spirit of these Most IDM competitions we have on watmm. For now, I only plan to host future comps (if fred mcgriff lets me that is) and to release an occasional compilation from time to time.

Archived