IGNORED

TEH MOTHA FUCKIN GASLAMP KILLAH

Guest Shockerbrown

Guest Shockerbrown

Yesh. The GLK. What do you guys think? Is he popular in the US? I've seen him four times live here in the Netherlands. That guy is crazy (in A good way lol).

Btw I fucking love this video:

[media='']

[/media]

333.jpg

gaslamp killer is sick. this ep is what i know him by most. i've listened to death gate a bit and it sounds really good too.

i like his stuff more than most brainfeeder material, because he doesn't completely choke himself with side chain compression.

Guest Shockerbrown

just an epic track. period.

He's the reason the Gonjasufi album was so great. I can't wait for more stuff from the guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2Ol1vIBSCs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iyDQQb2ses&feature=related

true that! love the sound of that album!

will is the man dawg

yesh he's a killer and also a good entertainer!

I like his mixes and live shows (barely any dubstep at Dour this year as far as I can remember), didn't really like Death Gate. Maybe I should give it another chance.

he's alright—a lot of his shit is very sampling-the-whole-finders-keepers-catalog kind of production for me. it's almost like break-heavy trip-hop for 2011. hit or miss.

I've seen him two or three times at Brainfeeder shows and he's always been the worst one. As was said before, he plays a "load of shit wobble wobble dubstep" and other goofy party stuff. I think I've heard less than 5 real tracks out of him. The last time I saw him he played a one with the birthday song melody. I don't know if that was supposed to be funny. I make an effort to go outside when he's playing at this point. They might as let everyone else play longer sets or have someone else fill the spot.

Are his studio productions a better indicator of what he's about?

I think it is deplorable that people pay to watch other people press buttons and shit on stage. But with that said I like his music and also the clothes he wears.

Yes I know what you mean. I don't see what all the fuss is about really, I got plenty of mates who act like that on a daily basis.

Having said that the Gonjasufi production is awesome, and Gaslamp Killer is a great name. That's about all I know about him.

His own productions are mostly quite good, and he's usually great live, but I've had mixed vibes during his shows, much to blame on the crowd I think. First time I saw his I was mindblown.

I've seen some shit performances of him on youtube to be fair, but I love most of his mixes (especially I Spit On Your Grave) and the one time I saw him live was pretty superb. I think it really depends on the venue and crowd as said earlier. Anyways, I'm a fan.

Are his studio productions a better indicator of what he's about?

not really, i mean the dude is pretty much known for doing a standup comedy IDM performance an on stage. But i guess check out the other videos people posted here. All i know is that Gaslamp killer was the most over-hyped DJ around these parts for at least a year and when i finally heard/saw him i was extremely underwhelmed to put it mildly.

Archived