IGNORED

reason 6 - any other reason users have a complete boner over this?

Alzado

Cant you just move the 1st loop point? I've been doing that for years i think.

huh? sorry, i don't follow.

if you load a 2 minute sample in the NN19, for example, lay it out in the sequencer, then try to play it anywhere that isn't the beginning, it won't work. what i'd like to see is viewable waveforms which may be played from any time/length of the sample.

I don't have it in front of me, but I'm pretty sure if you use the NNXT sampler, you can switch the start point.

yeah you can do that. but it's a lot of fucking around. it's a dirty hack to get audio sequencing in Reason.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

moving the loop point will change where the audio begins when the midi note triggers, but you still cant click the scroller 30 seconds ahead and have the audio resume at that point. you have to let it play all the way through.

the only thing i've ever really hated about Reason but got around it by cutting things into smaller sections. still a pain in the ass. the prospect of full audio implementation in Reason makes me cream my jeans.

moving the loop point will change where the audio begins when the midi note triggers, but you still cant click the scroller 30 seconds ahead and have the audio resume at that point. you have to let it play all the way through.

ohhhhhh ok I get y'all now. Yeah I always hated that myself.

for a long time, they had a strong partnership with steinberg. steinberg didn't want them creating a product that directly competed with cubase. hence Rewire was born so you could implement audio that way. it works. but it's a pain in the ass.

I put audio into reason all the time by opening up a nn19 and cuing it up as midi... however, this forced me to always listen from the beginning, since you can't just drop in in the middle of a midi note. it worked for me for years.

Once I started to actually use audio such as several layers of full vocal takes, this became a major pain. Fiddly isn't a sufficient word. I got ReCycle in the hope it would be easier to manage vocals once, say, each syllable had its own start point in Rex, but that just caused more issues with it trying to detect the BPM and so on. So I sold ReCycle and bought Record when that came out, and it was so much better. Aside from the lack of MIDI out, it's now as much of a "proper" DAW as I need it to be, and the SSL clone is certainly much easier to use than wiring up a parametric EQ to each channel as an insert effect. It's great to see Reason + Record finally merged into one whole product. Looking back, I wonder how I managed with the Mackie clone instead of the SSL clone.

the only thing i've ever really hated about Reason but got around it by cutting things into smaller sections. still a pain in the ass. the prospect of full audio implementation in Reason makes me cream my jeans.

ya I mean it's a sampler, it's not an audio track. What you're basically saying it that it's won't trigger a sample if you start the play head after the sample's "note on" event, which is logical. It has nothing to do with the sample start-point. You guys are arguing 2 different things.

I put audio into reason all the time by opening up a nn19 and cuing it up as midi... however, this forced me to always listen from the beginning, since you can't just drop in in the middle of a midi note. it worked for me for years.

Once I started to actually use audio such as several layers of full vocal takes, this became a major pain. Fiddly isn't a sufficient word. I got ReCycle in the hope it would be easier to manage vocals once, say, each syllable had its own start point in Rex, but that just caused more issues with it trying to detect the BPM and so on. So I sold ReCycle and bought Record when that came out, and it was so much better. Aside from the lack of MIDI out, it's now as much of a "proper" DAW as I need it to be, and the SSL clone is certainly much easier to use than wiring up a parametric EQ to each channel as an insert effect. It's great to see Reason + Record finally merged into one whole product. Looking back, I wonder how I managed with the Mackie clone instead of the SSL clone.

I wonder if midi out isn't planned. That would be sick. Using reason's sequencers for hardware would be super fun.

ya I mean it's a sampler, it's not an audio track. What you're basically saying it that it's won't trigger a sample if you start the play head after the sample's "note on" event, which is logical. It has nothing to do with the sample start-point. You guys are arguing 2 different things.

we figured that out already thank you though

• 2 weeks later...

... so? anyone got it? what's your opinion?

I love the new tape delay, which is just as well as I already had Record. If you don't have Record yet, then it's definitely worth the update just to include that SSL mixing desk clone. It's so much better than the Mackie rackmounted mixer clone, you'll wonder how you ever managed before.

The Echo is a really nice tool.

I personally don't have any use for the alligator or neptune (I didn't get the last upgrade so neptune is new to me)

The Pulverizer is nice. I really like the envelope follower.

I personally don't have any use for the alligator

That's what I thought too, until I needed a bubbling synth line in the background of a track...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived