sergeantk

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Accelerator is by far their best record

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0RI8L6e7Y0

[youtubehd]Yfb3NFF4GsU[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]hzNzbt4s_3k[/youtubehd]

i have to disagree. Earthbeat kills Accelerator. Very similar albums. I too am a fan of the really early FSOL work. Surprised to see no one mentioning ISDN.

ISDN has some fantastic tracks, some of their best (Smokin' Japanese Babe, Slider, Egypt, Kai, Dirty Shadows), but a lot of it, IMHO is filler.

I meant cheesy in the best way too...I have the Earthbeat cd and vinyl, and yes, it is a fantastic compilation....the only pseudonym i never really got down with was Smart Systems....the Tingler was waaaaay too silly sounding for me.

ISDN has some fantastic tracks, some of their best (Smokin' Japanese Babe, Slider, Egypt, Kai, Dirty Shadows), but a lot of it, IMHO is filler.

I meant cheesy in the best way too...I have the Earthbeat cd and vinyl, and yes, it is a fantastic compilation....the only pseudonym i never really got down with was Smart Systems....the Tingler was waaaaay too silly sounding for me.

i like the "silliness" of tingler. the same way i love altern-8's classic old rave music. a good newer album that i think was a great throwback to that era was Glowstyx class of 1992. it was reminiscent of that altern-8/prodigy early '90s sound, very well done.

[youtubehd]VoCWPHgxJk4[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]VmYFeW01Acc[/youtubehd]

and probably my all-time favorites of their old tunes, Hyporeel and the Unity remix

[youtubehd]_641B36pw_k[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]N89azSiw3JE[/youtubehd]

dont fuck with me and old FSOL jams

Metropolis original version:

[youtubehd]6LGYJPWgdm4[/youtubehd]

they really deserve more credit for all the dancefloor awesomeness they did back in the day.

also, was anyone ever on the old FSOL mailing list back in the day? had some awesome albums from Creature and others.

I remember finally hearing these classics for the first time via an ICQ transfer with one of the original mailing list members.

FSOL are legends. I like a lot there music. I guess from memory it took me a little while to get it too but I go so many fond memories of their stuff though.

[youtubehd]hzNzbt4s_3k[/youtubehd]

loveliest track. A little spoiled by that cheesy 90's element in the middle, but then again, they were the ones who pretty much invented cheesy 90's stuff with Papua New Guinea, so you can't blame them.

As many have said, if you don't like Dead Cities don't bother. Especially "My Kingdom". If you can't get down with this tune...yeah...i got nothin...

sorry i haven't read this thread because i dont want to know if i'm not the only one that is providing this as evidence, but

SMOKIN JAPANESE BABE

end of disucssion.

and just forgot about the past few albums of sitars on zoloft music.

dead cities is the cheesy album, its like playing the sims if they had comand and concquers red alert cut scenes in it, but not that is a bad thing. i do prefer there album "accellerometer" cuz its old school

I didn't get into their amorphous androgynous stuff...

you mean the most recent hippie stuff, right?

because the first record (pre-FSOL era) Tales of Ephidrina is mindblowing!

I didn't get into their amorphous androgynous stuff...

you mean the most recent hippie stuff, right?

because the first record (pre-FSOL era) Tales of Ephidrina is mindblowing!

Even starting from the Isness actually... I thought it was ok but for a FSOL album, very disappointing.

You're right tho - too organic / hippy-ish for me. Didn't realized they dated back before that with Amorphous Androgynous

Get ISDN. Listen to "Smokin' Japanese Babe" on repeat. Smoke a joint or if you're like me, get a glass of scotch. It's lush.

I don't find Dead Cities cheesy at all. Except the cover art, I always thought it was horrendous, got used to it now, but still ...

dead cities is cheesy though, cmon. there's WAY cheesier electronic from the 90's though.

You mean like this unreleased FSOL song and video?

[youtubehd]4hX8L4R9Yk8[/youtubehd]

Archived