IGNORED

Make me like Future Sound of London.

sergeantk

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True, unlike the artwork ... :ohmy:

When I buy a CD I usually put it on and then look at the extra artwork for the first time during my first listen - in this case I had to put it away. It's why I posted those Das Modul videos in the first place.

I mean look at this shit (Accelerator, inner booklet) :

WNN2D.jpg

Look:

PIV3a.jpg

LOOK AT THIS, LOOK:

73pFE.jpg

I like the 90's cheesiness on LEXX, they made good use of the cheap computer graphics as they allowed for more creative freedom, rather than just show it around and be all "look, we're the future, we're digital!" about it like that old FSOL artwork is. And besides, think of the paintings that were made hundreds of years ago and still have composition and a general feel for colors and shit. This FSOL one is pretty much a timeless eeew imo.

Well I did it and went and bought Dead Cities and Lifeforms yesterday. Haven't quite given them the proper yet but we'll so how that goes. Dead Cities does certainly have some interesting parts so far.

Yeah but the inner artwork on the ISDN "limited" edition and Lifeforms is pretty good.

I listened to Accelerator again today - what a damn fine album that is.

can someone point me to the cheesy parts in Dead Cities?

i guess We Have Explosive is sort of cheesy...and the title track is a little boring...but everything else is fucking YES all the way

i mean, we would have to say that the RDJ album is cheesy as well? If that is what you mean by cheesy, then im all for it.

Yeah I don't get how any of Dead Cities is cheesy, or ISDN for that matter, Lifeforms... ok maybe a LITTLE bit on a couple of tracks but hardly at all.

I've only heard a few tracks from Accelerator and I can sort of hear the cheesy vibe from them. I should probably get that album sometime.

Try the Lifeforms remix album, especially track 2. It's a great flowing piece of work, Better than the actual Lifeforms album I reckon. From The Archives is also good, but quite sprawled and and tends to be a tad hit and miss.

Try the Lifeforms remix album, especially track 2. It's a great flowing piece of work, Better than the actual Lifeforms album I reckon. From The Archives is also good, but quite sprawled and and tends to be a tad hit and miss.

do you mean cascades?

do you mean cascades?

I think it might be. I simply have it as Lifeforms Path1-7.

also, was anyone ever on the old FSOL mailing list back in the day? had some awesome albums from Creature and others.

Yeah, I used to post on there far too much. Shame it died. There's still Pete's forum which is a lot quieter, sadly.

Creature's still making music under his own name - http://soundcloud.com/christophersisk

What's all this talk of cheesy? Is Biosphere cheesy? Are Global Communication cheesy? I don't know what everyone's talking about. This isn't Apollo 440.

Actually they remixed Apollo 440. That was a bit shit though.

do you mean cascades?

yeah

[youtubehd]RwCVHkAxvUU[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]8TxQwC265bU[/youtubehd]

cmon guys, Glass? Can't get down to that?

[youtubehd]l59EhziGhFs[/youtubehd]

when the beat kicks in on Glass its utterly blissful...one of my first and most treasured electronic listening moments of all time.

finally, I dunno how in the holy fuck you can deny that My Kingdom is a transcendent masterpiece of sampling......that song makes me think of Blade Runner than Philip Dick's own book.

make sure you have a nice system for this one.

[youtubehd]RwYnJZXWZS0[/youtubehd]

do you mean cascades?

yeah

Nah - They're two different releases: There's the Lifeforms Ep which is Lifeforms Parts 1-7 and there's the Cascade Ep which is Cascade Parts 1-5 & Shortform.

do you mean cascades?

yeah

Nah - They're two different releases: There's the Lifeforms Ep which is Lifeforms Parts 1-7 and there's the Cascade Ep which is Cascade Parts 1-5 & Shortform.

my bad then

Archived