IGNORED

Make me like Future Sound of London.

sergeantk

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Springymajig - try and source the 3d Headspace Tour set in that case. It's like the twisted cousin of the Lifeforms Ep and one of my favourite 'live' sets that FSOL have done.

Awesome, I'll have to look that up :)

I got the We Have Explosive EP a few months ago and I really love that one too, I'd love to get Cascade and My Kingdom as I assume they're just as good!

Oh my, you're in for a treat - the 10 minute opening track on the My Kingdom Ep is just... Words fall short of how good it is, I remember actually having tears in my eyes the first time I heard it!

There used to be an amazing outtake (?) track on their myspace which was basically a FRANTIC hyperactive version of "herd killing" (which is of course also the same beat structure for "We have explosive"). All sliced and sped up and awesome. I think it was labeled smth like except 01001101 (or another random number) or smth. Anyone knows what I am talking about? Is it available anywhere? It was bloody fantastic and I ve regretted not trying to rip it back then. That being said: Dead Cities > Everything.

Found it. http://www.myspace.c...filter=featured

Archived 0043 Exploded. Supposedly being released as "We Have Explosive (2" Tape Reels Version)" in a compilation called 2'' Tape Reels. I can't find it anywhere, apart from a small part of it used as an intro in one of their 100000 mixes.

Awesome isn't it?

220px-Fsol_-_stakker_eurotechno_cover.jpg

220px-Fsol_-_stakker_eurotechno_detail.jpg

hot damn, someone just gave me this album as a gift and it's pretty great. I didn't realize that the guy from FSOL did stuff like this, it says its from 1988 but since it's a Rephlex re-release who really knows how old it is. Any how i think it's really great andmy internet is running too slow to go back and see if anyone already talked abotu it in the thread, sorry if jazz

Yeah, that's Brian's acid house stuff - there's also the Humanoid Sessions disc released at the same point that expands upon them, and a 3-disc collection of stuff he did on home-made electronic instruments and pedals throughout the 80s called Zeebox available from FSOLDigital.

He's still up to it, records tons of material on his own circuit bent instruments and stuff now. His material as Part-Sub-Merged and Polemical is pretty crazy and worth checking out too. Definitely the interesting, technological one of the pair.

220px-Fsol_-_stakker_eurotechno_cover.jpg

220px-Fsol_-_stakker_eurotechno_detail.jpg

hot damn, someone just gave me this album as a gift and it's pretty great. I didn't realize that the guy from FSOL did stuff like this, it says its from 1988 but since it's a Rephlex re-release who really knows how old it is. Any how i think it's really great andmy internet is running too slow to go back and see if anyone already talked abotu it in the thread, sorry if jazz

Yeah that looks well good. I love the graphics in the film.

Look:

i picked up cascades on vinyl last week. listening to that shit while meditating blew my mind. i was completely immersed.

Fuck yeah Yek! I need to pick up Cascades and Lifeforms (Single)

LOL of course WATMM is impressed with 80s acid house and nothing else. Seriously, they have done SO much more phenomenal work.

:cisfor:

PS im not saying Stakker is shite, I love it, Im just poking fun at WATMM's incessant proclivity to worship a 303 rinse.

LOL of course WATMM is impressed with 80s acid house and nothing else. Seriously, they have done SO much more phenomenal work.

:cisfor:

PS im not saying Stakker is shite, I love it, Im just poking fun at WATMM's incessant proclivity to worship a 303 rinse.

thats interesting that you would say 303 rinse, to my ears that record has almost no 303 which is what made it so good. IT's probably some of the best use of FM synthesis i've heard previous to it's revival on AE's LP5

• 3 weeks later...

What a coincidence, I also just recently bought Lifeforms and am trying to get into it. We'll see how it goes. Odd that I've never heard this before.

EDIT: not that odd I guess as I'm too young and from America. But still.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest Intelligent dodgem music

ISDN is the best album of all times. it could sound slightly outdated now, but still I've never heard something as powerful as Slider

[youtubehd]jYelN7_9Ey4[/youtubehd]

The whole album is IMMENSELY HUGE.

Thank god I was into mainstream dance music back when I bought it so I was virgin to proper electronic music, and really needing for something different. It was a mild semptember night when I gave it a first listen, on headphones in my bed before going to sleep. I can safely say it changed my life.

Lifeforms is good but it didn't impress me, I suppose most of the people are more into it than into ISDN just because they listened to them in the order they were released.

I also enjoyed Amorphous Androgynous' Tales a lot - i remember bringing it on a holiday in Greece, it's awesome stuff to listen to on a ferryboat in the middle of the sea. Similar feel to Accelerator. Dead Cities was very good and dark in a cyberpunk way. I liked it but I don't think I would be able to listen to it again - i kind of wore it out.

Stay away from the "From the archives" stuff, it's AWFUL to listen to those tracks and continuously spot samples from their 90's albums.

I spent the 00's listening to their 90's stuff and now can't be bothered to explore what they have been doing lately- even though I bought a couple of Brian's solo albums like The San Monta Tapes (under Heads Of Agreement) which is very good. I have a look to their website/shop/netlabel fsoldigital.com every now and then, it's been active for some years now, and it seems like they started a lot of projects many of them just died before a release was out.

But again, listen to ISDN first.

Archived