IGNORED

Occupy Oakland confronted with tear gas

awepittance

look, in all of my other posts I say time and time again, this is the long view. Im not saying this is going to happen next week or within the month. Im talking a few years from now, with the economy stagnating further, more dictatorial powers ceded to a centralized govt., more people protesting on the street.

As I also said before, wait until you have the next generation of unemployed swell the ranks of the poor/protestors. Thats when shit will get real.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If a great leader with the message of keeping everything peaceful doesn't come around soon, SR4 is correct and this will escalate into bloodshed. Hopefully everyone stands their ground for as long as possible.

And good point Data, the winter is coming. Certain cities in the south and westcoast will be able to keep protesting but NYC and other cities in the north are about to be too cold for occupying anywhere.

by all means, please do. ill make a note of it myself. would love to be proven wrong on this.

If a great leader with the message of keeping everything peaceful doesn't come around soon, SR4 is correct and this will escalate into bloodshed. Hopefully everyone stands their ground for as long as possible.

And good point Data, the winter is coming. Certain cities in the south and westcoast will be able to keep protesting but NYC and other cities in the north are about to be too cold for occupying anywhere.

it would be pretty insane if the OWS crowd insisted on holding their ground.....it would be like a gigantic hunger strike if pulled off correctly. its too late for the media to ignore them, especially if they were to suffer from frostbite/pneumonia....but im a bit naive here.

Is that what it takes for fair leading and compassionate treatment of a country's citizens to evolve?

An Iraq war vet getting hurt?

I am sure others were hurt as well but they are not as important.

it would be pretty insane if the OWS crowd insisted on holding their ground.....it would be like a gigantic hunger strike if pulled off correctly. its too late for the media to ignore them, especially if they were to suffer from frostbite/pneumonia....but im a bit naive here.

We shall see, it looks like many people are not going to give up so easily....

It made my blood boil when I saw that police officer throw a flash bang grenade into the circle of people that were obviously helping a wounded person on the ground. It literally happened 10 feet in front of them, They saw the person on the ground, they saw people rush to check on him, and they respond by lobbing a flash bang grenade into them.

Also, the methods they are using are called "Less lethal" tatics... wtf? How about non-lethal?!

I just cant imagine this getting better... 2 crackdowns in less than 24 hours, people are just going to come back in larger numbers with more anger... and I really feel like they know this, and want this.

that was just straight up cold blooded shit from the cop that threw that grenade. its really difficult to think of any excuses with footage like that.

i dont think the police want escalation, but judging from incidents like this, theyre almost making it an inevitability

it cost them over a million dollars to do that

and oakland shut down 5 elementary schools today because of budget cuts.

usa!

number one!

that is hilarious

and sad

Archived