IGNORED

Occupy Oakland confronted with tear gas

awepittance

http://abclocal.go.c...enow?id=8405688

Live feed of Occupy Oakland right now, protestors have retaken the park and are now coming up with plans on what to do next

i must say, this is very fucking exciting for me. My sister is down there right now, i'm watching it all from the internet sitting on my lazy ass.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guy Fawkes day is coming up.

aslo, tomorrow, october 27th, marks the day that new york documentary filmmaker, indymedia reporter, and humanitarian Brad Will was assasinated in the streets of Oaxaca Mexico by a plain clothes officer while reporting on a labor dispute in 2006.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxlwcfldxIw

(15:33)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brad_Will

Traveling under a tourist visa, Will had arrived in Oaxaca in early October 2006 in order to document and film the teachers' strike.[5] On October 27, he was videotaping near a barricade erected by pro-strike protesters when he was shot twice. He died while being carried away from the area. Along with Will, two protesters – Esteban Zurita López and teacher Emilio Alonso Fabián – were also killed. Several others were injured.

never forget.

dude was hit in the head with a tear gas cannister, has a fractured skull and is bleeding profusely, and a bunch of protestors pick him up and start running around with him.

i know they were just trying to help him but isn't it common knowledge at this point that you should never move someone in that condition?!

what if all that jostling around drove a skull fragment deeper into his brain or worsened the fracture, etc... keep him still and go get help! there must have been paramedics in the area.

also, why is it not illegal to fire tear gas cannisters into a crowd? this isn't the first time that someone involved in a protest suffered major brain damage after being hit with a tear gas cannister in the head.

Apparently SF is currently being raided. All possessions left at the camp are being loaded into a trash compactor.

Also, DHS agents have been spotted, so it sounds like they are indeed orchestrating this...

is there a way to donate supplies?

i gotta get to work in 6 hours. im off to sleep, but im gonna check on the news outlets up here tmrw morning.

national guard has been called in

For real? That's not gonna end well.

My heart sunk when I read this.. I hope this isn't true, that things don't deteriorate this quickly...

i really dont want anything to happen...protests are awesome n all...but....

im moved more towards activism the more this goes on. i mean its one thing to do debates and discussions on the matter...but this seems like an honest thing no matter what shady parts make the body up....i just saw the oakland GA called for a general strike...calling for students to walkout of schools, teachers to go on strike, labor unions now calling for a general strike in the area..

Homeland Security involved? really?

only garnering more support for the occupy movement.. really scary how out of touch these city officials seem..

If DHS is involved - it's not the city officials who are out of touch...

Totally right though about garnering more support.

By the way, for anyone who doesn't know why I'm concerned about the National Guard - Kent State - 1970

only garnering more support for the occupy movement.. really scary how out of touch these city officials seem..

If DHS is involved - it's not the city officials who are out of touch...

Totally right though about garnering more support.

By the way, for anyone who doesn't know why I'm concerned about the National Guard - Kent State - 1970

yeah, i was wondering what's so scary about the guard, but then it actually makes it more unlikely that something like this will happen again, especially in an age where everyone has a cameraphone.

Ok I can't find a straight story about SF... I was hearing last night that the SF raid was underway and that items were being removed and thrown in trash compactors.

Now I hear this morning that the raid was called off due to a huge turnout of people, and the police backed down.

Anyone have info? Ive found no news articles...

Archived