IGNORED

Ital Tek - Gonga

Redruth

Ital Tek shows a massive shift in sound on the 'Gonga EP', inspired by the recent spate of footwork and mutant footwork that Planet Mu has been releasing, creating exit strategies from the current virus of the 90s inspired retro house fad.

Yeah :w00t: Looking forward to his. New Ital Tek is good anyway, but Ital Tek trying footwork will be crazy (at least in my head it already is) :music:

Well let's be clear. Footwork itself wasn't the problem, just some of the artists/tracks that were being put out. I hate to say that it needed some artists with more musical chops to really make it something palatable but here we go. It's an interesting system to build rhythm and melody from, but the overused grating vocals and lack of any real backbone made it tough to digest. Some of the other stuff sounded amateur. It took some pros to elevate it to what it could be.

Well let's be clear. Footwork itself wasn't the problem, just some of the artists/tracks that were being put out. I hate to say that it needed some artists with more musical chops to really make it something palatable but here we go. It's an interesting system to build rhythm and melody from, but the overused grating vocals and lack of any real backbone made it tough to digest. Some of the other stuff sounded amateur. It took some pros to elevate it to what it could be.

totally and this sounds fucking amazing!

• 1 month later...

ital tek has never been scared of skipping genre though. I still really enjoy his early breakcore stuff.

Problem is, i wonder if the genre changes are all completely his choice?

These are great tunes though, even if gonga is definitely not a typical 'tek tune... Where is the melody?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived