IGNORED

Coppice Halifax - Pawleys Island

Guest arbee

Mine arrived yesterday, and very good it is too. Nice work Mr. Grainger! Only recently learned of the cassette release (shame on me, I'd pay good money again to get hold of that), is there still any way to get hold of the N20 loops thingy?

Thank you sir. No worries about the Nitrous Oxide Loops - I actually was hoping that people wouldn't find them so fast (the 3" was hidden inside the packaging itself for the tapes) but since they have I decided to make the release available on Bandcamp digitally for everyone else:

http://coppicehalifa...ous-oxide-loops

Nice one, thank you and duly downloaded. Probably completely wasted on me as I'd never 'use' the loops for anything, but I enjoy them all the same. Kind of a nice little postscript to the actual album. Just wondering if I can burn them onto a 3" CDr and squeeze it safely into the gatefold somewhere...

And I'm down for one of those forthcoming cassettes.

Mine arrived yesterday, and very good it is too. Nice work Mr. Grainger! Only recently learned of the cassette release (shame on me, I'd pay good money again to get hold of that), is there still any way to get hold of the N20 loops thingy?

Thank you sir. No worries about the Nitrous Oxide Loops - I actually was hoping that people wouldn't find them so fast (the 3" was hidden inside the packaging itself for the tapes) but since they have I decided to make the release available on Bandcamp digitally for everyone else:

http://coppicehalifa...ous-oxide-loops

Nice one, thank you and duly downloaded. Probably completely wasted on me as I'd never 'use' the loops for anything, but I enjoy them all the same. Kind of a nice little postscript to the actual album. Just wondering if I can burn them onto a 3" CDr and squeeze it safely into the gatefold somewhere...

And I'm down for one of those forthcoming cassettes.

Yeah I agree, it is a nice little P.S. on the album, although I personally love putting select loops on and letting them repeat for an hour or so while I tidy up the studio or something.

Check your PMs!

Thanks again Brian, you're a legend. And slightly off-topic, have I been living under a rock? Where the hell did 'Enjoy Your Stay At The Holograph Lounge' come from? It's a lovely album which deserves more of a fanfare. Just released today, it seems.

EDIT: Sorry, released yesterday.

Edited by Caretstik

Thanks again Brian, you're a legend. And slightly off-topic, have I been living under a rock? Where the hell did 'Enjoy Your Stay At The Holograph Lounge' come from? It's a lovely album which deserves more of a fanfare. Just released today, it seems.

EDIT: Sorry, released yesterday.

Hah! I just posted a handful of new releases to close out the year last night, but I haven't formally announced any of it yet. You beat me to it! Awesome that you're enjoying it already though. It is all alt. versions/outtakes/weirdness from the H Is For Hologram sessions.

After a few more listens I think I'd put this album up there with anything by BoC & most stuff by Aphex in terms of personally enjoyable ambientish technoish music

Wow, thank you! That is pretty damn high praise!

Very good, buying a copy!

Thanks man!

• 9 years later...

Necro-bump.  Brian just put out a "tape dub" of one of the most beloved releases in his wide discog.  After listening through, I can easily say that this seems meant to be listened to this way - more echo, degredation....more humidity.  Such a wonderful, deep album made even deeper.  If you haven't heard this one, get on it.

Plus, you gotta love his writeups:

"There's a naivete present in these recordings, a portrait of a place and time painted out beautifully with all of the sorrow left out, perhaps even stirring the notion that Pawleys Island is out there still, a hidden everglade waiting to be happened upon by inebriated teenagers who cannot discern what's a blurry hallucination and what isn't. This album is for them, joyfully ignorant of the life that awaits them, dancing on the graves of lovestruck soldiers and hurricane-swept ruins, where tomorrow never comes. I'm glad to be away and apart from these things and these people now, even if I was one of them in what seems like another lifetime before this one."

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Extralife said:

Necro-bump.  Brian just put out a "tape dub" of one of the most beloved releases in his wide discog.  After listening through, I can easily say that this seems meant to be listened to this way - more echo, degredation....more humidity.  Such a wonderful, deep album made even deeper.  If you haven't heard this one, get on it.

^^^ This.  Brian is a legend.

I agree, what a great release.  As Deepchord used to say about their tape dub reduxes: this is sonic immersion of the highest order!

• Like 1