IGNORED

"Live" The Warehouse Project

Guest teetime

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally some new brain melting music from Squarepusher, I had pretty much given up hope of genuinely being excited about future releases. Yes there might be the occasional track that showed some ingenuity and remnants of genius but ultimately I'd be disappointed by the overall package. I really hope he's got a substantial release of this calibre lined up and it's not just one tune that shines through.

I feel the same as you. That video has given me hope - it's still very melodic and a little proggy or overblown, but the sounds are far more meaty. I love it. My struggle with the last few Squarepusher releases was never the fact they are more overtly melody driven or poppy, but simply the awful mixing, the lack of any mindmelting elements (bar 1 or 2 tracks) and the strangely weak sound/production choices.

Guest LIFE RIDES YOUR BONES

just bought my tickets for the new york show. if he does all shobaleader and none of this it'll be like 9/11 2.0

If the tracks have not been released then how can a record company claim copyright? it boggles the mind.

You may want to look a bit further into copyright law if you think it only extends as far as finalised published material...

Most artist as they get old, start to get mellow. It's only natural that you start having this too for WARP artists : Squarepusher and Autechre. Guess Richard too, and probably the BOC guys.

BOC get mellow?!!! No way man!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived