IGNORED

N Korean leader Kim Jong-il dies

marf

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What gets me are these pictures of people mourning his death... surely they know that he treats them like shit and that they are all poor because of his autocracy?

Some of the stuff I'm reading up on him seems cartoonish.

Do you not understand what personality cult means?

DOn't take anything written about him in the mainstream media as even coming close to the truth.

For example (from here):

Sky News had a rather lengthy discussion on how the world lost it’s greatest golfer, referring to a legendary round of golf by Kim Jong Il, in which it is claimed he shot 11 holes-in-one. No North Koreans to whom we’ve mentioned this story have heard of this feat. It is most likely one of those apocryphal tales that foreign media enjoy using as shorthand for “this country is nutso!”

Maybe wait to see what people who actually know what they're talking about with regards to North Korea say about the situation.

Woah, was unaware the golf myth was a myth in itself. From the article as well:

One of CNN’s pundits said NK’s short-range missile test is “unconnected” to Kim’s passing because that’s what the South Korean government says. As if South Korea’s primary concern isn’t keeping international markets calm and investors sanguine. (On the other hand, Sky News conclusively called it a “warning missle”.)

I'd heard it called a "warning missile" from other sources as well. News outlets need to stop making assumptions.

Hello from north korea. Everything is going according to plan and things are going to change. Not because of KJ's death but by historic force, sorry, I just read foundation.

(null)

i sampled the cries of a thousand north koreans and made a video. im going to hell but whatever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqW6-zESnm0&hd=1

I personally think this would exempt you from going to hell.

I mean, those poor people, blah blah - whatever your video is still awesome

i sampled the cries of a thousand north koreans and made a video. im going to hell but whatever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqW6-zESnm0&hd=1

you're officially my favorite watmmer now, data. (sidenote: i deleted that scrabble-esque game we were playing on and switched over to words with friends—let me know if you wanna start that back up!)

haha! nah man im sticking with wordfeud. :)

The Gippeumjo (translated variously as Pleasure Group, Pleasure Groups, Pleasure Squad, Pleasure Brigade, Joy Brigade, or Joy Division) is a collection of groups of approximately 2,000 women and girls between the ages of 13 and 40 (although most are believed to be between 18 and 25), which are maintained by the head of state of North Korea for the purpose of providing pleasure and entertainment for high-ranking Workers’ Party of Korea (WPK) officials and their families, as well as occasionally also distinguished guests.

Little is known outside North Korea about the Gippeumjo, but information has gradually emerged through the testimony of North Koreans who have defected.

The Gippeumjo was established in 1978, during the administration of Kim Il-sung, with the first group being recruited by Lee Dong Ho, the First Vice Director of the Department of United Front of the WPK, for the purpose of entertaining Kim at the Munsu Chodaeso (문수 초대소; Munsu Guesthouse). The recruiting and training of Gippeumjo are currently administered by the Fifth Department of Staff of the Organic Direction of the Party and continues to be maintained by his son, Kim Jong-il.

Each pleasure group is composed of three teams:

Manjokjo (hangul: 만족조; hanja: 滿足組) – a satisfaction team (which provides sexual services)

Haengbokjo (hangul: 행복조; hanja: 幸福組) – a happiness team (which provides massages)

Gamujo (hangul: 가무조; hanja: 歌舞組) – a dancing and singing team (whose members are sometimes asked to dance semi-nude)

Girls from throughout the country are recruited to be Gippeumjo members according to government criteria (one of which is that they must be virgins). After being selected, they undergo a rigorous training period, with some Haengbokjo members being sent overseas for massage training. Gippeumjo members typically leave at age 22 or 25, at which time they are often married to other members of North Korea’s elite, and their former membership in the Gippeumjo is kept secret.

Archived