IGNORED

Boss

Dpek

For anyone else clueless, he's talking about the TV series...

Yeah, sorry, wanted to keep it simple... Anyway this is a new show on Starz and it's brilliant, brutal and sincere look into Chicago politics. Kelsey plays the main role - the Boss - mayor of Chicago. One of the finest acting I saw on TV.

I have a hard time with Kelsey. He's a very good actor, he's had a tough life and comes across as alternately likable/horrible in the way only people who've lived tough lives can, and I want to like him, but he frigging endorsed Michelle Bachmann and it makes me feel gross to watch anything he does that might have a distinct Kelsey-approved political viewpoint.

So, does this have a Kelsey-approved political viewpoint?

It's weird, though, because he seems to really like playing gay/effeminate. He was in the Broadway revival of La Cage Aux Folles for fucksake.

I really have no idea how to read the dude. He does that and then he starts a far-right cable network.

Not to mention how do you balance his endorsement of anti-gay rights viewpoints with the total Huge Prick amoral bullshit he pulled in his marriage(s).

Kelsey, you are one confusing and confused fucker. Maybe all that conflict makes him a good actor?

edit: did not mean to derail thread. It's just... sorta interesting. also edit: I did some google searches and it appears he has spoken out in favor of gay/transgender rights. But he still endorsed Michelle Bachmann. Wait, why her then? This makes no sense. Kelsey you make no sense.

Guest analogue wings

I have a hard time with Kelsey. He's a very good actor, he's had a tough life and comes across as alternately likable/horrible in the way only people who've lived tough lives can, and I want to like him, but he frigging endorsed Michelle Bachmann and it makes me feel gross to watch anything he does that might have a distinct Kelsey-approved political viewpoint.

Bob,_Cecil_and_Dad.jpg

It's weird, though, because he seems to really like playing gay/effeminate. He was in the Broadway revival of La Cage Aux Folles for fucksake.

I really have no idea how to read the dude. He does that and then he starts a far-right cable network.

Not to mention how do you balance his endorsement of anti-gay rights viewpoints with the total Huge Prick amoral bullshit he pulled in his marriage(s).

Kelsey, you are one confusing and confused fucker. Maybe all that conflict makes him a good actor?

edit: did not mean to derail thread. It's just... sorta interesting. also edit: I did some google searches and it appears he has spoken out in favor of gay/transgender rights. But he still endorsed Michelle Bachmann. Wait, why her then? This makes no sense. Kelsey you make no sense.

I don't know, liberal newspaper are giving the show good review .. it can't be THAT conservative.

Also if you judge art based on the artists political views fuck you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np0solnL1XY

I don't. I will freely and without mercy judge art based on the artwork's political ideology if one is apparent.

Also, Skynyrd is terrible.

I don't have a problem with Kelsey Grammar as an actor, and as long as the show isn't advancing (without at least also critically examining) some bullshit Bachmannesque social conservatism, I'll probably netflix it.

Archived