IGNORED

Magic mushrooms’ effects illuminated in brain imaging studies

roasty

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest RadarJammer

indeed chen, though id say ego death is much more astonishing than fun. reverant, relevatory astonishment

fun's just so 1-dimensional, was my point, i guess...

There are times that I wouldn't have wished an ego death experience on my worst enemy (if I had one) but now I feel like knowing how to have that experience is like having my own blinking red button that I could push in an existential crisis. Those transitioning phases are terrifying, manual breathing especially.

Guest viscosity

yeah. it's very easy to have fun on this stuff at somewhat low doses, but of course there is a certain amount that will swing you into a very introspective reality spin. thing is, that statement has the same relevance to any drug.. take the right amount and its blissful smooth sailing or decreased inhibitions. but the wrong amount can definitely shake the foundation, for good or bad

taking shrooms for fun is, to me, an idea i can really not comprehend.

i guess that's why i need to take more shrooms, to learn to open up my mind to things i don't understand, and not be afraid of anything. shrooms can be fun, they can be anything.

if i have anxiety on shrooms i think that there is something i'm misunderstanding in my daily life.

i haven't done them for years. i've had the absolute worst moments of my entire existence during different trips, and they made it hard for me afterwards too, i think.

sometimes i wonder if there is any wisdom to gain from doing them again, if maybe they can help me get over depression and anxiety in general. give me some perspective, right? i'm thinking about doing them though i'm obviously not entirely sure it's a wise choice. i'll give it time either way.

the thing about ego death is, it doesn't last. In fact I'd venture to say that those who feel they experience ego death while on psychedelics run a greater risk of becoming twats over time, as they feel they actually gained some insight that others lack.

I felt ego death on shrooms but heya, it didn't take long for me to return to my boring old self. Not sure it left any lasting effects, which is probably a good thing...most lasting impression was probably "holy shit the human mind is more complex than I ever realized"

I had shrooms for the first time last night. At first it was extremely blissful, but it turned into a pretty bad trip. I thought everybody was fake and hit a few people in my dorm. And ripped a fluorescent light out of the ceiling. Fortunately I had some good friends with me who calmed me down. For better or worse it was an incredible experience.

welcome aboard. everybody is fake. you've taken your first steps in to a much larger world.

you really think so? i do too. i'm not going to accept that this terrifying realization is a sign of my own projecting onto others.

when i tripped often there was the feeling of having an extremely deep chasm between myself and others. perhaps this chasm was a place where 'love' should have filled, though often it seemed unexistent. all apparent connection could drop out leaving that... chasm

the most mundane things could become horrifying.

this has carried over certainly in my daily life after bad trips. a knock at the door, a cat in the room. taking on alien qualities sometimes i'm unable to deal with.

the thing about ego death is, it doesn't last. In fact I'd venture to say that those who feel they experience ego death while on psychedelics run a greater risk of becoming twats over time, as they feel they actually gained some insight that others lack.

I felt ego death on shrooms but heya, it didn't take long for me to return to my boring old self. Not sure it left any lasting effects, which is probably a good thing...most lasting impression was probably "holy shit the human mind is more complex than I ever realized"

don't they?

Guest viscosity

taking shrooms for fun is, to me, an idea i can really not comprehend.

i guess that's why i need to take more shrooms, to learn to open up my mind to things i don't understand, and not be afraid of anything. shrooms can be fun, they can be anything.

if i have anxiety on shrooms i think that there is something i'm misunderstanding in my daily life.

i haven't done them for years. i've had the absolute worst moments of my entire existence during different trips, and they made it hard for me afterwards too, i think.

sometimes i wonder if there is any wisdom to gain from doing them again, if maybe they can help me get over depression and anxiety in general. give me some perspective, right? i'm thinking about doing them though i'm obviously not entirely sure it's a wise choice. i'll give it time either way.

time and place effect the outcome allot. I have actually been trying to find myself after a bit of identity confusion and turbulence in my life, so I was definitely looking for some answers going in. also I have just recently been building up a relationship with this girl, so that void is being filled a bit now. I would even say that most of these changes were a result of what I found myself to lack after tripping and self-analysis. common sense type things that ultimately benefited me, but perhaps I didn't realize before.

I had shrooms for the first time last night. At first it was extremely blissful, but it turned into a pretty bad trip. I thought everybody was fake and hit a few people in my dorm. And ripped a fluorescent light out of the ceiling. Fortunately I had some good friends with me who calmed me down. For better or worse it was an incredible experience.

welcome aboard. everybody is fake. you've taken your first steps in to a much larger world.

you really think so? i do too. i'm not going to accept that this terrifying realization is a sign of my own projecting onto others.

well, not really, not 100%. but definitely to a certain extent, yes. everybody has a front and a guard.

but people you've known for ages and trust, like family members and long term friends and partners, are not all fake. these are people you know past and deeper than the front, who'll let you in and you let them in (but tripping with a load of strangers, as it sounds Joseph did to begin with, i can understand the "fake" thing. and i probably would not like/enjoy that much either).

anyway i was drunk last night. don't mind me. :)

:beer:

I think you misunderstood me a bit. I thought everybody was fake in the sense that you think the people in a dream are fake. Also I wasn't tripping with strangers

Archived