IGNORED

What The World Would Be Like If The Oceans and Land Were Reversed

Joyrex

The "science" is just speculation from a bunch of nerds.

Pretty much like the new Aphex Twin album speculation based on facts we know.  But I like big thinking stuff like this, used to enjoy reading Stephen Baxter.

So:

What would happen to WATMM if the mods and members were reversed?

CHAOS, thats what.

The "science" is just speculation from a bunch of nerds.

Pretty much like the new Aphex Twin album speculation based on facts we know.  But I like big thinking stuff like this, used to enjoy reading Stephen Baxter.

So:

What would happen to WATMM if the mods and members were reversed?

CHAOS, thats what.

lol we should have a day a year when this happens or something, would b fun

also don't let this thread distract you from the fact that mountains are actually giant trees cut:

Doesn't take much to trigger you guys does it.

Seems like an inverted Earth would be about as habitable as one of those tidally locked "eyeball" exoplanets. Still interesting tho.

Man, some of you been chugging the Hatorade today!

It's why I never start threads, Papa.  Haters gon' hate!

I'm totally into this ocean-land switcheroo though.  I will throw some $ to the Kickstarter when there is one.

Great graphic, but things wouldn’t stay that way long. Any new land over the current height of Mount Everest, such as in the Mariana Trench, would begin to sink due to Earth’s gravity. This is the reason why the Himalayas don’t get higher even though the India plate is still pushing from below.

With so much of the water distributed in shallow seas (Amazonia, Sundaland) and so much more exposed land around the poles, it is likely that within a decade a new Ice Age far worse than anything we’ve ever experienced would set in, perhaps in perpetuity.

With less water to provide atmospheric ozone, the swaddling of warmth Earth enjoys would give way to a constant loss of gases, which would render most living things extinct. Earth would join the other rocky worlds in being barren landscapes of hell.

darn

i love shit like this

and the OP as well

rly any time anyone proposes a totally off the wall alternative view of reality, whether it's an earnest conspiracy theory or just a stoneresque "hey what if x were y" thought experiment

i love shit like this

and the OP as well

rly any time anyone proposes a totally off the wall alternative view of reality, whether it's an earnest conspiracy theory or just a stoneresque "hey what if x were y" thought experiment

yeah, the rlly batshit crazy conspiracies especially are rlly fascinating.. I wonder how people can rationalize it

^i especially like that 60% of videos like this all sound like the same rural american soccer mom, saying the most bizarre nonsensical stuff with only her sarcastic "holy shit did they really think we'd fall for this" tone as an arguement for why any of it is true

like tbh i had to stop that linked video pretty early on because she grabbed onto some vague historical reference to causeways & started going on about highways to hell, and it quickly felt like it was drifting from charming weirdo talk to sad paranoid schizophrenic ranting

Archived